ATI RAGE

Post by Mark Magovic » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have an ATI 3D RAGE Pro AGP 2x video card and I can only get it to
run at 640x480 resolution. Can anyone tell me what chipset,RAMDAC, and
clock (if any) to set it at. My monitor is definitly able to suport
higher resolutions as well.

ATI RAGE

Post by Tim Laurse » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:45:53 -0700, Mark Magovich

> >I have an ATI 3D RAGE Pro AGP 2x video card and I can only get it to
> >run at 640x480 resolution. Can anyone tell me what chipset,RAMDAC, and
> >clock (if any) to set it at. My monitor is definitly able to suport
> >higher resolutions as well.

> I want to know what to use also.  I have not even be able to
> get mine in 640x480.

You use XFree 3.3.2 (the newest one). Read the readme file on
installation, even before you start to download (you may not need to
download ALL the files, the readme file will help you decide which ones
to get).

If you follow the instructions to the letter, installation should not be
too difficult.

--
Tim Laursen

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." -
  "When you have their full attention in your grip,
  their hearts and minds will follow."
                                         Terry Pratchett

1. Linux & ATI RAGE FURY (RAGE 128 cards)

Subject: Linux & ATI RAGE FURY (RAGE 128 cards)
Date: Friday, July 23, 1999 7:00 PM

If ANYONE is having trouble getting their ATI rage to support anything other
than crappy vga16 or svga 320x200....

VISIT MY LINK...
www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Node/5166/linuxrage.html

It deals with Redhat and SuSE.

It is not exactly a FIX, but allows you to get up to 1024x768 in 16-bit
color... Hope for resolve in supported drivers in a new version of XFree86!

Rellik!

2. help finding python documentation on Debian 3.0

3. 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra (Rage 128 Pro Ultra)

4. Question about ftp

5. XFree86: ATI Rage II & Rage PRO ?

6. syslog problems

7. ATI Rage 3D Rage Pro and XFree86 4.1.0 problems

8. SLIP for Solaris 2?

9. XFree86: ATI Rage II & Rage PRO ?

10. problem with X and ATI Rage Magnum (Rage 128 GL AGP)

11. Linux & ATI RAGE FURY (RAGE 128 cards)

12. Not work X-Window on ATI Fury Pro (chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro)