Getting XLock 'swirl' mode working:

Post by Preston Bro » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 04:00:00

Using OLVWM/OLWM, the 'swirl' mode of xlock-more works fine (i.e. the
color palette cycles wonderfully, and it looks really trippy).  This is
with 8-bit color.  However, with TWM/FVWM, the color palette won't cycle,
so it looks really crappy.  I *believe* this is because the XLock event
is not receiving window focus (even though there isn't really a window,
is there?)  Is there a way that I can fix this, either through command
line options or FVWM configuration thingies?  X-program to give focus to
XLock?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.  "Use a
hi-color/true-color display" isn't the kind of response I am really
looking for... :)

___

--   Linux/x86: Turn your PC into a workstation for free! Support FSF.    --
---  If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice -- RUSH   ---

1. xlock -mode swirl not swirling with fvwm

Here is the big big trouble I have:
If I use fvwm2-95, there's no problem, my favorite xlock mode
runs perfectly; but I prefer to use fvwm, and the xlock -mode swirl
command does not run properly, there's no color-cycling, the only
way I can get it working is to launch it in a window and put the
mouse cursor on this windows. So it seems that the programm can't
change the colors on the root window with fvwm.

Does anyone have a solution ?
(Do I have to put something special in my .fvwmrc ?)
Thanks.
--
 _  _ ___ _   ___  ___  _  _ __________________________________________
| \| | __| | / __|/ _ \| \| |

|_|\_|___|___|___/\___/|_|\_|__________________________________________

2. Changing the terminal font

3. XLock Swirl mode Question

4. DNS or sendmail problem

5. fvwm & `xlock -mode swirl` in 8bpp

6. RedHat 4.2 Adduser

7. getting 'vi' mode

8. Virtual Host over PPP

9. X works fine in laptop mode, won't load in docked mode.

10. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

11. Help getting 'mirror' to work

12. getting 'at' to work

13. Getting 'htpasswd' to work w/Apache & FreeBSD