YAXQ (Yet Another X-windows Question)

Post by RTM van Di » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have some troubles with the config van X11R6.
After some unsuccessfull tries with another Gfx (spea video 7) card I
have swapped this card for a "normal" diamond Gfx card with an S3
chipset. After starting the X daemon with startx the hd starts to spin
and the screen blanks........ after several minutes .... waiting and
waiting.... coffee turns cold.... I have pressed ctrl-alt-del, the
screen turns in to the "normal" xwindows screen and the harddisk is
spinning again .... only this is the shutdown procedure...

I've tried differend settings but no succes so-far...

Any suggestions?????

Configuration

P133 16Mb
Chaintech mainboard
1.3Gb HD 8speed IDE cdrom
3com COMBI 3C509
Diamond Stealth 64 1Mb Dram
logitech pilot mouse serieel
SVGA panasonic 15" monitor

Rene

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. lockf() in Solaris 2.5

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. NI5210 driver?

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. about modem as tapi device

7. X-Windows Questions/HTTP Server Question

8. Problem with linux installation ....pleaaase help!!

9. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

10. X-Windows Question

11. Newbie question on X-windows in Mandrake 8.0

12. Question on SEAM, NIS and X-windows.

13. vi Cut & Paste in X-Windows Question