Howto run chooser with Xdm ???

Post by Volker Dormeye » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

greetings to all,

I can't get to run the 'chooser' with Xdm.
I added an entry like the following to the Xaccess-file:

  *   CHOOSER   %hostnames

while %hostnames contains a valid list of X-Server-Hosts.

The manPage said it should start after such an entry in
Xaccess. But it doesn't so.

Perhaps I do something wrong. Is there someone who
can help?

Bye,
Volker -

Howto run chooser with Xdm ???

Post by Geoff Sho » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: greetings to all,
:
: I can't get to run the 'chooser' with Xdm.
: I added an entry like the following to the Xaccess-file:
:
:   *   CHOOSER   %hostnames
:
: while %hostnames contains a valid list of X-Server-Hosts.
:
: The manPage said it should start after such an entry in

Are you starting it correctly?  What we do is run xdm, then start X by
hand.  The incantation is:

X -indirect hostname

after starting xdm.  You may also want to comment out the :0 line in
Xsetup. (Or is it Xsessions, I forget.)

        Geoff
Ever sit and watch ants? They're always busy with                Geoff Short

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff

1. xdm chooser from X11R5 running under Solaris 2.1

It would seem that when xdm is configured to provide a chooser listing
hosts identified by a broadcast, the chooser dies before the list of
options is presented to the user.  The chooser works fine if a list of
hosts is provided in the Xaccess file.

I am running X11 R5, public patch level 25, with SOLPATCH 1 on a Sparc Classic
running Solaris 2.1.

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--

Vanderbilt University
Computer Science Department

2. kernel 1.3.6 broke my ppp : (

3. Running chooser from xdm on laptop

4. just upgraded bash, but how do I select it now to be my default shell?

5. running xdm and chooser together

6. Welcome to comp.os.linux.security

7. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

8. How do I determine parallel port irq etc?

9. Howto run XDM on CorelLinux

10. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

11. SPARX,xdm,chooser and HP

12. xdm chooser mode problems

13. Q: xdm chooser