inverted console screen color after xdm session

inverted console screen color after xdm session

Post by Thomas Bah » Wed, 03 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi you gurus out there :-).

Perhaps somebody can help me with a strange problem ?  I  used to have
runlevel 6 as my default in /etc/inittab together with the six console
agetty's enabled. With X11R5 it worked fine by now.  And my new X11R6 is
working as well.
But after a user logs out from his X session and gets back to the xlogin
prompt, all console screens become inverted, i.e. black on white instead the
other way around.
This is very annoying to me. Unfortunately typing reset doesn't help too.

Could somebody give me a hint ?
If so, please mail it directly to me because I am currently absent from my
University, hence reading my mail is much easier for me at the moment.

Thanks a lot !
Tom

1. xdm inverts my virtual consoles

if i use xdm and log out from x a few times my standard console is
reversed (block on white background). if i use restorepalette everything is
fine a few xdm-logouts.
i have pl14, xfree-2.0, diamond speedstar+ highcolor in 100x40 mode and
a ati 8514/ultra.

any hints ???
  andre schroeter

2. PPP problem Modem busy

3. how to change screen color on console screen??

4. NIS+ backup

5. Console DT session : Blank screen

6. Installing Linux

7. Console DT session : Blank screen ; Install Fixes problem

8. Lost UDP packets above network interface layer !!

9. How to set root color in the XDM login screen?

10. XDM makes my other virtual consoles have strange colors

11. how to run xdm w/o login screen on console???

12. Screen saver doesn't work with xdm on console

13. /dev/console msgs overwrite Xdm login screen