Can't start X on new video card

1. New video card, now linux won't start

A few weeks ago I upgraded my video card to a Creative Labs Blaster
Riva TNT (I think that's what it is called).  I have a dual boot system
and haven't started linux since that time.  Today when I tried to boot
into Linux (RH 6.0 with KDE 1.1) I never got to the graphical login
screen.  The system continually flashed some errors over and over and
over... about X failing to start.  I realized that I should have
changed my runlevel before trading in my video card, but i forgot.
*sigh*

So how can I force Linux to start in text mode so that I can
reconfigure X?  I can boot from my RH CD-ROM, but I'm not sure how to
mount the partition that contains my /etc folder.  Please help!!!

--steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. HELP!: How to set serial port speed (2.6)

3. x800 video card, x server won't start

4. Token Ring Problem?

5. Please Help w/RH 5.0 - Video prob when starting X Server but using supported video card

6. install question

7. Linux doesn't work because I have a new video-card (stealth 3D-2000)

8. How to setup Linux on a 200Mb notebook without CD-ROM?

9. Video problems, so I'm buying a new card this weekend !

10. Time For a New Video Card: Matrox G550 & Flat Panel LCD Don't Mix

11. Doesn't boot after adding new video card???

12. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

13. ??: Mandrake, XWindows and Trident PCI Video Card Error - Can't Detect Video RAM???