First of all, I'd like to say thanks to everyone in the group. I've had a
lot of helpful answers to my questions.
Okay, here's the deal. I have a P9100 chipset which is unsupported by
Linux. But, I got it to run with the VGA16 server. But it will only run
Netscape in Mono, so I went to that server.
Anyway, so I've been messing with the SVGA server. I found that I could run
my P9100 fine in VGA16 with the tvga9000 chipset. When I changed over to
the SVGA server and the "mx" chip, X ran as well.
Except that it wouldn't run above 640x480 and that, when it did, the
screen was all slanted. Like I would have 3 virtual window managers on
one screen and I think the refresh rates were messed up.
I tried different clock sets to no avail. I was just wondering if anybody
knew anything I could do to help this. I know I'll probably just have to
bite the bullet at some point and get a new card. But I didn't think
I could ever get Xwin to run and I found a way around that.
I also tried adjusting the Virtual line, too. I'm pretty sure I have
my monitor timings set right.
Thanks for you time.