Linux IPX router

Post by kie » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi Everyone in the world!

IPX Linux router is what I want.  Currently I have kernel 2.0.32 build.  I
want to run ipxd and was unable to find it in the Redhat distribution.
I'm now stuck with a system that has IPX protocol builtin and but don't
have a ipxd to initiate a listening for a IPX packet to be route.

Thanks,
Kent Nguyen

1. Novell Netware clients crash Linux IPX-router

Hi all,

I've been experiencing the following problem:
I've got 2 networks connected to each other via a leased line using
PPP supporting both IPX and TCP/IP. That works great. I can see all
servers from both sides of the network and I can log into any server
from anywhere if I use ncpmount on either one of the Linux gateway
machines that set up the PPP link and are IPX routers, too.
If I try to log in on a Novell server over the PPP-link with a DOS
client or with Windows 95 then I get:
Stack dumps, Segmentation Faults, a hanging Linux machine, and/or
system reboots. This all can happen on the Linux gateway/IPX-router at
the side of the Novell server, when trying to log into a Novell
server.

Does someone know how to fix this? Is there anybody who has a working
setup like above?

Regards,

Achie Lin

2. Qmail with SMTP is slow

3. Linux setup as IPX router and TCP/IP router??

4. how to boot up single User mode by using GRUB ?

5. munch error

6. Access to a novell server across a linux IP router (or needed I IPX router)

7. Advice on NIC's and hubs

8. Linux as IPX Router

9. Linux as a TCP/IP & IPX router, win -howto?

10. NetBios over IPX - Linux Router (ipxd)

11. Slow IPX routing (or connection) on Linux Router

12. Can I use LINUX as an IPX Router