#9 Motion 531 at 16bpp 7 24bpp?

Post by D Sills - roo » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I have a #9 motion 531 with 2 megs DRAM onboard, I can get 8bpp working
very well at 1280x1024, but 16bpp or 24bpp it tells me it cannot work
with a "normal" RAMDAC.

Heres some info about my card :

S3 Vision 868
Clockchip "ics9161a"
RamDac "att20c498"
DacSpeed 130

Anyone out there help me?

------- Daniel Sills - WWW Developer/Programmer - 067 732707 ----------
- Animal Science, University of New England, Armidale, NSW, Australia -
--------- http://turing.une.edu.au:8000/~dsills/homepage.html ---------

1. #9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

Howdy,

I am going to install Linux on my pc at home and from all of the things
that I have read thus far everything keeps telling me to make sure that
my video card is supported if I want to run Xfree86.

Well, that is precisely what i want to know.  Is it?  I have also read
that there is an "S3 Xserver".  Does this support the #9FX Motion 531
card and where can I get it, along with the config file for my card?

Any and all help greatly appreciated, please e-mail at address below.

Thanks,

Pete

--

http://circe.itc.Virginia.EDU/~prt7u  - Phone:  (804) 982-4690
*** (Shooters with Computers - Local 115) *** (I don't do Windows(tm)) ***

2. Link help needed FAST!

3. #9 531 Motion

4. X11-V4.03

5. #9 motion 531 success xf3.1.1

6. ADSL with a Linux Masquerade

7. #9 Motion 531 -- I am happy with it

8. Oldest kernel to support Pentium II ???

9. Number Nine FX 531 Motion on X-Windows???

10. XFConfig for #9 Motion 531??

11. #9 Motion 531

12. #9 Motion 531 Working Config??

13. Number Nine Motion 531