Newbie needs help

Post by Rick Palmacc » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a Diamond Stealth II S220 video card.  I am running Caldera
OpenLinux Base 1.2.
There is no driver for this card.  I called diamond and they told me it
has a rendition verite 2100 chipset.  They send me to s.u.s.e.com's site
but they don't have a drivers download section.
Does anyone out there know where I can get a Video driver for this card.

Thanks
Rick

Newbie needs help

Post by Peter Granrot » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have a Diamond Stealth II S220 video card.  I am running Caldera
> OpenLinux Base 1.2.
> There is no driver for this card.  I called diamond and they told me it
> has a rendition verite 2100 chipset.  They send me to s.u.s.e.com's site
> but they don't have a drivers download section.
> Does anyone out there know where I can get a Video driver for this card.

http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html#rendition

quote from the page:

"It was tested with these boards:

     miroCRYSTAL VRX
     Diamond Stealth II S220
     Hercules Thriller3D"

So I guess you're in luck here :)

+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +

+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +

1. <help>Linux newbies need help with CD and soundcard<help>

We recenly got Linux with Xwindows running on our 486. The CD
worked fine till we got Win****95 on our DOS partition. Now we
cant get our TEAC CD-55 working on our Soundblaster Pro card. I
heard something about a Sound HOW-TO but Sunsite's got major
data loss, so we couldnt find it. Is there anyone out there
that could help us get our CD or soundcard working??

-Thanks
-2 linux newbies

2. MySQL??

3. Newbie : Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

4. kickstart / nfs problem

5. floppy drive setup (Newbie needs help, help!!)

6. Usefull snapshot

7. HELP! (newbie needs help installing SLS)

8. xterm-color

9. Newbie: Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

10. Newbie Needs Help!

11. newbie needs help on installing & getting the trident TGUI9680 drivers

12. Sony17SEII(Newbie needs help!)

13. Newbie, need help with Red Hat 8.0 Package configurer