Voodoo3 3000 PCI with OptiQuest V75

Post by John Hodge » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 14:12:10

I have been unable to correctly configure X for my monitor (OptiQuest
V775-2) and video card (Voodoo3 3000 PCI) running Mandrake 7.0. At 800x600
16bit everything works fine, but I cannot go to a higher resolution at any
pixel depth. When I tried to configure 1024x768 32bit, which works under
Windows and COL 2.4, the screen size is too small and is positioned off to
the left. I have tried manually entering the horizontal and vertical sync
ranges in XF86Setup as well as XFdrake but neither of those changed
anything. I am not sure if this is a problem with the monitor settings or
video card settings. Any ideas? TIA

Voodoo3 3000 PCI with OptiQuest V75

Post by Elliot » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

http://linux.3dfx.com/   they have some drivers for linux and voodoo cards.
They might be better. They worked for my friend.

> I have been unable to correctly configure X for my monitor (OptiQuest
> V775-2) and video card (Voodoo3 3000 PCI) running Mandrake 7.0. At 800x600
> 16bit everything works fine, but I cannot go to a higher resolution at any
> pixel depth. When I tried to configure 1024x768 32bit, which works under
> Windows and COL 2.4, the screen size is too small and is positioned off to
> the left. I have tried manually entering the horizontal and vertical sync
> ranges in XF86Setup as well as XFdrake but neither of those changed
> anything. I am not sure if this is a problem with the monitor settings or
> video card settings. Any ideas? TIA

1. Voodoo3 3000 PCI and XFree86 4.02

Hi,

I've been trying to get the accelerated mode working with the new version
of XFree86.  I did have it working in the 3.3.5 version, using the
modified SVGA server supplied by 3dfx.

I've since updated the kernel to 2.2.18, and compiled in DRI support for
the 3dfx card.  The config file appears to be loading the DRI modes and
it seems to be responding.  I went through a walk thru provided on one of
the DRI websites, but they only listed how to check if it was working,
and not how to fix it if a particular step wasn't working.

Thinking the kernel option may provide other features that the xfree
source may need, I recompiled xfree again.  After updating, I checked the
directory /usr/X11/lib/modules/dri to see if the tdfx.o driver was created.
No luck.

I was trying to get Quake3 working... that doesn't want to work under
4.02.  I also loaded Quake2, I've run it using just the softx mode which
is ok for 640x320 mode, but up the mode to 800x600 or 1024x720 ... choppy
as hell.  I tried changing the the Video option to 3dfx... but it just
dies.

I also tried running other games that require OpenGL...

Can someone help shed some light on what I may be doing wrong, or point
me to a site that will help me configure the new XFree 4.02 to work with
the accelerator in the Voodoo3 card.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Budman

2. IBM RS6000 and Linux Questions

3. Trying to get my optiquest v73 and my v3-3000 to work

4. NT is awful!

5. Probs with voodoo3 3000, rh6.1 and test3Dfx

6. MAD16/Shuttle Sound System 48?

7. mandrake6.0 and 3dfx voodoo3 3000 question

8. Dirt Cheap Shell accounts and other services

9. Can Voodoo3 3000 on Redhat 6.0??

10. Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

11. (XFree86 4.0) voodoo3 3000 agp displays "garbage" in quake3

12. more voodoo3 3000

13. help with installing Voodoo3 3000 agp!