X11 Support for 3D Blaster Ultra?

Post by sc.. » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone out there know if there is any support for
Creative's 3D Blaster Ultra Riva TNT 2 Graphics card???

I've tried and tried, but I can't get the thing to work
under X-Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues - LE » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

: Does anyone out there know if there is any support for
: Creative's 3D Blaster Ultra Riva TNT 2 Graphics card???

: I've tried and tried, but I can't get the thing to work
: under X-Windows.

: Thanks in advance.

: Scott

Get the drivers from Nvidia's website or get XFree98 3.3.5.

X11 Support for 3D Blaster Ultra?

Post by Tod Schmid » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Works like a charm with the glx binaries from Riva. With those & Mesa-3.0 I
can run and compile all kinds of stuff. Quake3 no problem. Let me know if
you're still trying to find out how.

Tod Schmidt

> Does anyone out there know if there is any support for
> Creative's 3D Blaster Ultra Riva TNT 2 Graphics card???

> I've tried and tried, but I can't get the thing to work
> under X-Windows.

> Thanks in advance.

> Scott

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. S3 3D Blaster Savage4 3D accel support in X 4.2.x

I am currently using X version 4.2.0 with the savage driver as suggested
here: <http://www.xfree86.org/current/Status28.html#28>. The afformentioned
URL says that "Accelerated" support is provided by the savage driver.
However, when I use certain 3d games (http://www.racer.nl/) I
get the following message:

"3D HARDWARE SUPPORT NOT AVAILABLE
No 2D graphics card available or 3d support not configured yet. However
application uses respectively requires hardware support."

Also, using SaX2 when I try to enable any of the 3d modules (fg1, fg123,
gtx, or dri) I get an error, saying that they cannot be used. Using Yast2's
graphics/monitor section, I get the notice "3D acceleration disabled".

In my XF86Config file, I added
Option       "Accel"
to the ServerLayout Section, but no dice.
I still get the "3d acceleration disabled message in yast"

I also tried downloading the linux driver from creative, but I'm guessing it
is either for an older version of X or is just junk because X would not
even start.

If anyone has tried to get this working and has succeeded, or has any
thoughts as to what could be an avenue worth looking into would be much
appreciated.

If you want to reach me directly take out the -'s in

TIA,
Nick

2. Timeserver?

3. enabling TV out on 3D blaster Ultra TNT2

4. Another Question About DTop...

5. Drivers for Creative Labs 3D Blaster Riva TNT 2 Ultra.

6. termcap and terminfo Q

7. 3D Blaster support for SVGAlib or X?

8. NIS+ users can read shadow from nis+ passwd table

9. Creative 3D blaster support?

10. Creative 3D Blaster (VLB) support?

11. Creative Labs 3D Blaster PCI vs. Intergraph Intense 3D 100

12. Is Diamond stealth 3d supported in X11 ??

13. MPACT 2D/3D X11 Support?