Ftptool makes my WM Seg Fault?!

Post by Frank Dwy » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 11:47:20

Is anyone able to run ftptool (any version) with Linux?  I am completely
unable to get it to run on my machine for longer than a couple minutes -- it
kills the window manager after a short time.  If I restart the window
manager, everything works again... till ftptool kills it.  I am using the
xview3L5 libraries (ftptool requires xview) with kernel 79, although I've
tried it with many other kernels.  XFree86 3.1 and 2 exhibit the same
problem.  I have a Cirrus card and run the XF86_SVGA server.

-f

--

http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~dwyer                FAX   :         (904) 644-0098
Unix System Manager / Systems Development     Pager :         (904) 422-4333

Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306

 "Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."

1. Seg fault with custom made ramdisk

Hi,

I have made my own rootdisk derived from Slackware 9 by following the
Bootdisk howto. I want to use it with a Pentium3 SBC having 128MB ram
and 64MB IDE flash disk. I boot the 2.4.22 kernel from Slackware 9
using loadlin after booting dos from IDE flash disk and using the
rootdisk as my initrd. Everything works fine and the system boots
properly.

I've a c++ application using pthreads on my Slackware 9 desktop. It
compiles and works properly on the desktop. However, when I put the
executable on the SBC, it seg faults. I've used ldd to determine the
shared libs. I've installed all the libs on the SBC and made sure that
all libs come from my Slackware 9 desktop so that there isn't any
conflict. When run from gdb, following errors appear.

Starting program: /root/main
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 541)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 541)]
0x401bc299 in sYSMALLOc() from /lib/libc.so.6

I've compiled a c++ helloworld program, it works properly on the SBC.
Similarly, producer consumer example from pthreads tutorial also works
properly. Using free I can also see that the system has around 100MB
of free ram.

Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong.

Regards

2. How to setup ttysnoop with telnetd

3. Compiling *** VIM 5.3 *** Segmentation Fault..what is Seg-Fault..MEM Bounds?

4. NeXT Printer Error #5 (Now What??)

5. FtpTool with XF86-3.1->Segmentation fault ???

6. Ktk 0.4: KDE look for Tixwish apps

7. Ftptool-segmentation fault

8. Latest runs by LTC Test

9. Making KDE screensaver work in WM?

10. ps -axf seg fault Redhat 4.0

11. Seg fault

12. ELF binaries seg fault under built kernels?

13. seg-fault in p_mutex_lock on HPUX 11