xdm can start X, but not xinit or startx

xdm can start X, but not xinit or startx

Post by pravee » Sun, 04 May 2003 12:41:53

hello,

like the subject says, i can start X from xdm but not from xinit or
startx. there are no errors in the log. the warnings that appear also
appear when i start with xdm. i am using woody, xfree 4.3, 2.4.17 custom
acpi, and a compaq presario 1720US.

can anyone help me?

Post by Binh Nguye » Sun, 04 May 2003 16:02:42

> hello,

> like the subject says, i can start X from xdm but not from xinit or
> startx. there are no errors in the log. the warnings that appear also
> appear when i start with xdm. i am using woody, xfree 4.3, 2.4.17
> custom acpi, and a compaq presario 1720US.

> can anyone help me?

Please read relevant man pages, ie man xdm, man xinit, man startx.
Believe me when I say you'll have a much beeter understanding of why
this is occuring.

Binh.

Post by Steve Marti » Sun, 04 May 2003 20:47:11

> hello,

> like the subject says, i can start X from xdm but not from xinit or
> startx. there are no errors in the log. the warnings that appear also
> appear when i start with xdm.

What are the warnings that appear?

--
Steve Martin, CPBE CBNT