O'Reilly X11/Motif books free to good home

O'Reilly X11/Motif books free to good home

Post by wils.. » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have the following books in the O'Reilly X11 series that I would like
to get rid of:

Volume 0 - X Protocol Reference Manual
Volume 1 - XLib Programming Manual
Volume 2 - XLib Reference Manual
Volume 4 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Programming Manual
Volume 5 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Reference Manual
Volume 6 - Motif Programming Manual
Phigs Programming Manual

I just hate to throw away books, and am hoping they can be
of use to someone (they are all in great shape).
I am in the SF Bay Area.

--Thomas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

O'Reilly X11/Motif books free to good home

Post by Randy Kyr » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Please, donate them to your local library. If you can't do that,
check with a local organization that might be able to get them
to someone who may benefit from them.

Quote:> I have the following books in the O'Reilly X11 series that I would like

Post by toad » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have the following books in the O'Reilly X11 series that I would like
> to get rid of:

> Volume 0 - X Protocol Reference Manual
> Volume 1 - XLib Programming Manual
> Volume 2 - XLib Reference Manual
> Volume 4 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Programming Manual
> Volume 5 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Reference Manual
> Volume 6 - Motif Programming Manual
> Phigs Programming Manual

> I just hate to throw away books, and am hoping they can be
> of use to someone (they are all in great shape).
> I am in the SF Bay Area.

> --Thomas

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

i'll take them off your hands.. and pay shipping.. i'm trying to get into
x programming.. and will use them throughout college..

Post by Rob Kinc » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have the following books in the O'Reilly X11 series that I would like
> to get rid of:

> Volume 0 - X Protocol Reference Manual
> Volume 1 - XLib Programming Manual
> Volume 2 - XLib Reference Manual
> Volume 4 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Programming Manual
> Volume 5 - X Toolkit Intrinsics Reference Manual
> Volume 6 - Motif Programming Manual
> Phigs Programming Manual

> I just hate to throw away books, and am hoping they can be
> of use to someone (they are all in great shape).
> I am in the SF Bay Area.

> --Thomas

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

If you have no other takers, I'll take them also, (I can give you a fed-ex
# to send out to me also, my costs.)

Rob Kinch

1. O' Reilly open-books Motif programming books...

http://www.motifzone.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=161

Interesting.  Now, one can freely download the troff source of these
books.  All of a sudden, Motif is open.  I personally think it's an
interesting toolkit.  It seems to have an interesting balance of old
school/new school X.  I like it.  Microsoft likes it, too, having copied
some GUI elements from Motif for Windows.

2. anon ftp server --cannot list files...

3. Motif Programming Manual and Motif Reference Manual by O'Reilly now free

4. Mar 18 SLS release

5. O'Reilly X/Motif books available for download

6. if file more than two days old; then ... else ... fi

7. Cross checking

8. O'Reilly pthreads book a good choice, w/ Linux?

9. Good Books - O'Reilly answers