Linux 2.2.12 problem with X

Post by Brian Fran » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

After upgrading to Linux 2.2.12 from 2.2.5, my X display is odd - it
has lines running down the screen that "sparkle" (it's hard to
describe).  There is obviously some timing problem here, but I don't
know where to look. The problem occurs no matter whether I run xdm,
gdm, etc.

I'm running RedHat 6 and Gnome/Enlightenment on  P400 Celeron.

Ideas?

Linux 2.2.12 problem with X

Post by Tom Williamso » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My $0.02:   Hit the RedHat site and search their tech support for your
particular video card.    Their tech support pages have some handy links to
the XFree86 site that helped me a lot.  I've got an SiS card that XFree86
isn't too happy with and I had to do a lot of tweaking to make it work.