QT3 + KDE3 segfault (sig 11) problems...

QT3 + KDE3 segfault (sig 11) problems...

Post by Coli » Wed, 01 May 2002 15:00:25

Starting very recently, all Qt programs that I build myself from
source (w/ autoconf, usually) segfault on being run, triggering
KCrash. I'm using KDE3 and Qt-3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3. I'm afraid I
can't really be much more specific than this other than to say that
all the builds complete sucessfully, and the problem only surfaces
when I try to run the binary.

Any ideas? (Please feel free to ask about the versions of any other
packages I have installed, etc.)

Thanks very much.

--Colin

Post by Zande » Wed, 01 May 2002 17:32:15

> Starting very recently, all Qt programs that I build myself from
> source (w/ autoconf, usually) segfault on being run, triggering
> KCrash. I'm using KDE3 and Qt-3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3. I'm afraid I
> can't really be much more specific than this other than to say that
> all the builds complete sucessfully, and the problem only surfaces
> when I try to run the binary.

> Any ideas? (Please feel free to ask about the versions of any other
> packages I have installed, etc.)

> Thanks very much.

> --Colin

Strange, I have the exact same problem... I've even tried different versions
of gcc

Post by S » Wed, 01 May 2002 17:52:44

> Starting very recently, all Qt programs that I build myself from
> source (w/ autoconf, usually) segfault on being run, triggering
> KCrash. I'm using KDE3 and Qt-3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3. I'm afraid I
> can't really be much more specific than this other than to say that
> all the builds complete sucessfully, and the problem only surfaces
> when I try to run the binary.

> Any ideas? (Please feel free to ask about the versions of any other
> packages I have installed, etc.)

I am not sure this answers youe question, but teh only thing i can
think up when sig11 comes up is http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

I had this prob once and got it once when i was compiling gcc 2.96 on
a old machine when i ran slack...turned out a RAM was bad, changing it
helped.

cheers
-z

QT3 + KDE3 segfault (sig 11) problems...

Post by Mike » Thu, 02 May 2002 04:59:15

Quote:> Starting very recently, all Qt programs that I build myself from
> source (w/ autoconf, usually) segfault on being run, triggering
> KCrash. I'm using KDE3 and Qt-3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3. I'm afraid I
> can't really be much more specific than this other than to say that
> all the builds complete sucessfully, and the problem only surfaces
> when I try to run the binary.

There were lots of people complaining on the licq mailing list that
the Qt GUI crashed on startup; turned out the problem was they were
compiling using the qt-mt option, which is for a multi-threaded Qt.
Compiling with plain ol' qt fixed it.

This may or may not be related to your problem, and I don't know if
qt-mt is licq-specific or not.  If it isn't, then it might give you
something to try, at least... :-)
--
Mike.

QT3 + KDE3 segfault (sig 11) problems...

Post by Coli » Thu, 02 May 2002 10:37:56

Well, I tried using the --disable-mt and --disable-qt-mt directives
with ./configure (not sure which it was) but that didn't fix it. I'm
going to try building licq and see if that gives me trouble. If not,
then this is probably some other problem I'm experiencing.

--Colin

Post by Toma » Thu, 02 May 2002 20:52:13

> Starting very recently, all Qt programs that I build myself from
> source (w/ autoconf, usually) segfault on being run, triggering
> KCrash. I'm using KDE3 and Qt-3.0.3 with gcc 2.95.3. I'm afraid I
> can't really be much more specific than this other than to say that
> all the builds complete sucessfully, and the problem only surfaces
> when I try to run the binary.

> Any ideas? (Please feel free to ask about the versions of any other
> packages I have installed, etc.)

> Thanks very much.

> --Colin

It could be that you installed QT 3.0.3 sources (let's say under
/usr/local/qt) and you also have rpms qt3 libs (let's say under
/usr/lib/qt3).

When you compile your program under bash you have the $QTDIR set to
/usr/local/qt, but when you try to run them under X the compiled
program looks under /usr/lib/qt3.

Try changing (or adding) $QTDIR=/usr/local/qt path to /etc/profile.

Bye,
Tomas

1. Memory Fault (11) (sig 11)

     I have a program coded in C that will not run.  The code compiles
without problem, but when I attempt a run I receive a memory fault and
a core dump.  I tried using the symbolic debugger and received the line
'Memory Fault (11) (sig 11) at address'.  I did look up the signal and
discovered 11 is a segmentation violation, but I am not exactly sure what
that means.

     If someone could point me to the proper manual or attempt an explanation
I would greatly appreciate the effort.  Please respond by mail.  Thanks in
advance.

Steven Kilby
Steven M. Kilby    Univ. of Cincinnati, College of Business Administration

2. help satan

3. Sig 11 problem

4. Kernel Resources

5. Hardware Problems causing Sig 11....

6. man causes memory fault - core dump

7. Sig 11 problem

8. pppd and Trumpet Winsock

9. Help: AHA2940 and SIG-11 problem

10. RH5.0 Login Sig 11 problems

11. Question regarding SIG 11 problems (Intel Zappa Motherboard)

12. sig 11 problem

13. AMD K6-3 + FX PA-2013 SIG 11 problems