Type 1 font install problem

Post by treave » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

     Hello.

     I have copied fonts from my WP2000 CD to the linux Type1
directory.  I use
these fonts under WinNT and would like to use them under linux.  xfs is
running.
I run mkfontdir on the Type1 directory, but he fonts.dir file is not
updated to
include the new fonts.

     The Type1 fonts are seen fine by Adobe Type Manager under NT;
their
extensions are: afm, pfm, pfb.  There is one file with each extrension
for each
file.

     What am I doing wrong?  Can someone point me in the correct
dirrection
for information?

     Thanks.
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

Type 1 font install problem

Post by Bob Tenne » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

 >     I have copied fonts from my WP2000 CD to the linux Type1
 >directory.  I use
 >these fonts under WinNT and would like to use them under linux.  xfs is
 >running.
 >I run mkfontdir on the Type1 directory, but he fonts.dir file is not
 >updated to
 >include the new fonts.

Install and use type1inst before running mkfontdir.

Bob T.

1. True Type Fonts to PostScript Type 1

Does anyone know where to get the ttf2pt1
package from?

Thanks
Jeremy Maccelari
Visual Numerics (Pty) Ltd
Mail: P. O. Box 11033  Street: 9 Pannevis Road
      Vorna Valley             Vorna Valley
      1686                     1686
      R.S.A.                   R.S.A.
Tel: +27-11-466-0319
Fax: +27-11-466-0320

2. Undelete

3. Installing True Type Fonts on TRU64 4.0F

4. FTTERM protocol for AIX

5. Converting/Installing True Type fonts to/under X

6. Onyx of LJ#1, where?

7. True Type Font Setup: Fonts Look Bold on Edges

8. Mail filter on Unix Server

9. installing & using true type fonts with suse 6.4, kde gui and netscape 4.72

10. converting Adobe Type Basic font names to X11 font names

11. Installing and using Type 1 fonts on Solaris 2.6

12. Tools for converting TrueType or Type 1 fonts to common X font formats

13. Installing Type 1 Fonts