Monitor Refresh Rates

Post by Frager, David [RICH2:2I33:EXCH » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

My first reaction would be yes.  I recently fried an Acer Monitor because I
set the
refresh rates a little too high (1 - 2 HHz).  It took 2 days of running
fine before the
monitor started to flack out

> I have a NEC MultiSync 3FGx Monitor and a Nvidia Riva 128 video card.
> The monitor's Horizontal refresh rate ranges are between 31-38 KHz and
> 47-49 Khz. At 800x600 resolution, I can get a good picture only if I set
> the H refresh rate at 43 Khz (I think this is because the monitor/video
> card driver combo at this resolution doesn't match up. I tried many
> different mode line settings). My question is: will this damage the
> monitor because the Hsync is in between ranges? I am running XFree86
> 4.0.

> Thanks
> Sandeep

1. Setting Monitor Refresh Rate

I have "de-uglified" the fonts on RH 6.1 (as per the HOW-TO).  The ttf's,
etc., are an improvement.  In Para 2.in the HOW-TO there is mention of
setting the monitor refresh rate as high as possible (say, 85 vs. 60 Hz).  I
cannot see a method for doing this using Xconfigurator, and just changing
the
values in XF86Config crashed the X server.  Is there a recommended
method of changing this rate?

Monitor is a Dell UltraScan D1025HTX (which seems capable of
the 85 Hz rate).

Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat (remove 'BOAT')
http://kerrydeare.tripod.com

2. SMBus driver on a fresh RedHat system ?

3. Monitor refresh rates

4. Korn shell script programming problem

5. Adjusting monitor refresh rate

6. DNS Migration

7. Monitor refresh rate in X

8. Shadow Passwords

9. Manually setting the monitor refresh rate.

10. Old Monitor...Refresh rates specs

11. TFT/LCD Monitors - Refresh Rate Problem; break CDE on login?

12. Toshiba monitor refresh rates