Permedia 2 Xfree 3.3.3 Problem

Post by John Harri » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have just setup a new PC running SuSE 5.3, but have a couple of
XFree problems with the ELSA Synergy Permedia 2 card (8Mb vid mem)
that came installed in the machines.

The least of my problems is not being able to get a decent
1280x1024 config - I can get a 1280x1024x24 screen with a 76 Hz
refresh, but nothing better. I haven't been able to get a higher
refresh rate out of the card (I'd like 85 Hz ideally) and have
had no luck at all at getting a 1280x1024x32 screen mode. Surely
a card with 8 Mb video memory should be able to get these refresh
rates - the RAMDAC is 230 MHz so it should be able to cope. Is

Rather more annoying is the fact that a number of graphical X programs
seem to crash the 3DLabs X-server quite abruptly. I've tried
reinstalling the SuSE XFree 3.3.3 rpm files, but still programs
like GIMP crash the X-server. Oddly enough, other less graphical X
programs work fine - and the system is generally quite stable until
I try running GIMP.

_John H_

1. Probleme mit 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard) / Problems with 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard)

Hallo!

Auf Arbeit nutze ich eine DIGITAL Workstation mit onboard 3DLabs
Permedia 2v Grafikchip. Leider bekomme ich unter X11 Version 4 (KDE
2.xx, SuSE 7.2 bzw. 7.3)  bei Verwendung des glint-Treibers mie 16bit
und 1280x1024 Streifen und falsche Farbmuster an den Titel- und
Menleisten sowie an den Scrollbalken. Gibt es generelle Probleme mit
onboard Grafikcontrollern dieses Typs? Was kann ich tun?

Mit freundlichen Gr?en
J?rg Emmelmann

Hello!

At work I use a DIGITAL workstation with onboard 3DLabs Permedia 2v
Video controller. Unfortunately I get in X11 Version 4 (KDE 2.xx, SuSE
7.2 respective 7.3) when I use the glint driver with 16 bit and
1280x1024 stripes and false colour patterns at the titlebars menubards
and scrollbars. Are there general problems with onboard Video
controllers of this type? What can I do?

With kind reards
Joerg Emmelmann

2. Client printing

3. Q: Permedia 2 AGP Card & XFree resolutions above 800x600...how?

4. How to access the shared files of Windows OS on my Linux platform?

5. XFree doesn't like the 3DLabs PERMEDIA 2: any alternative??

6. Submission Deadline April 1, 2003 - BSDCon 2003

7. Running XFree on a 3Dlabs Permedia 2 card

8. Wget A Directory of Files

9. Multihead XFree-3.9.16, glint/Permedia 2 experience

10. Problem upgrade from Xfree-3.3.2 to Xfree-3.3.3

11. Xfree - Sparc Xfree problem

12. Problems with SuSE permedia server and Expert Media PM3040

13. Permedia 2 Problem