Intel i740 Support

Post by fda.. » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Does Intel's new graphics chipset, the i740, have an X server available?
Is one planned? I'd like to get this chip for it's 2D/3D performance, especially
for OpenGL development in NT, but I'd also like to be able to use it in Linux in
something other than SVGA mode.

Thanks,
David Farrell

1. Support for Intel's i740 AGP card

I have an Intel i740 AGP graphics card I wish to configure with Linux
(and either Xfree86 or Metro-X).  Neither of these X-servers
explicitly support this card (yet) and I was wondering if anyone else
out there has successfully configured this card in some generic way
and, if so, how.  I realize I could fork out the $100 for
Accelerated-X which does support the i740, but if anyone else has a
better idea, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks!

2. problem starting ncsa httpd under linux 1.2.3

3. Any support for X on intel's i740 graphic chipset?

4. Red Hat Install

5. Intel I740 AGP card and Red Hat 5.0

6. Help: max 8 char in Username

7. Intel i740 Display Card

8. Install through DOS network?

9. SCO OpenServer Intel i740 display driver

10. Intel i740 AGP Video drivers

11. Amazing Intel i740 display card ! Please help !!

12. Intel i740 video adapter

13. Need Best X Server for Intel i740