Netscape won't start

Post by Dou » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

I just downloaded Netscape 4.05 and installed according to the README
file.  All the files are in the correct folders, etc.  I also have the
"nets" start program.  Whenever I try to start it, I get this error:

"/usr/local/bin/nets: /usr/local/netscape/y/netscape: cannot execute
 binary file "

It seems like it's a simple problem, but I don't know what to do....

W. Douglas Cunnington
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta Georgia, 30332

1. Netscape won't start media player

I have a streaming video file(.asf) located on my Apache server.
When I use IE 5.0 to access the file it automatically starts the MS
Media Player and I can see the video clip.  When I try to use Netscape
4.X to access the file all I get is a bunch of code scrolling by.  I have
this
same file on xoom.com and it works with both IE and Netscape so I'm
pretty sure the problem is with the Apache configuration.
I have also accessed this file from several PC's running Netscape and get
the
same result. So I know it's not a particular browser config problem.
 I'm running Apache 1.3.12 on a Linux 6.2 platform.  Can anyone
tell me how to fix this??????  Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. Writing to address space with /proc (AIX 5.1)

3. Bad magic number with Netscape: won't start

4. RSC Console Problem

5. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

6. e2fsck won't mount same disk after new disk...?

7. Help: Netscape 6 won't start

8. Linux-Emu and StarWriter

9. Netscape Enterprise won't start

10. Netscape won't start (sometimes!)

11. Netscape won't start

12. netscape won't start, but the libs seem correct

13. Netscape 4.0 Won't Start