<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

Post by Ji » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:03:07



Hi all,
I'm having a problem with the color of some words (key words, options
to commands, listed directory names, ...) especially when doing a man
on something. Bold-faced words are very hard to read with some
backgrounds that I use.
Where should I look at changing the colors the words get displayed
with?

Thanks,
Jim

 
 
 

<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

Post by kmg.. » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:05:53


man xterm

In the xterm man pages there are options to turn this off.


> Hi all,
> I'm having a problem with the color of some words (key words, options
> to commands, listed directory names, ...) especially when doing a man
> on something. Bold-faced words are very hard to read with some
> backgrounds that I use.
> Where should I look at changing the colors the words get displayed
> with?

> Thanks,
> Jim


 
 
 

<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

Post by Thomas Dicke » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 02:43:36



> man xterm
> In the xterm man pages there are options to turn this off.

but apparently it's easier to post an faq than read the man pages.

--

http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com

 
 
 

<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

Post by Chri » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 10:19:58



# man xterm
#
# In the xterm man pages there are options to turn this off.
#
#
# > Hi all,
# > I'm having a problem with the color of some words (key words, options
# > to commands, listed directory names, ...) especially when doing a man
# > on something. Bold-faced words are very hard to read with some
# > backgrounds that I use.
# > Where should I look at changing the colors the words get displayed
# > with?

In vim, do ":help hi" to see the keyword types and the colors assigned.
"hi" is short for highlight.

Play with it.  Vim has even better syntax highlighting than
CodeWright.  And of course it blows the Visual C++ and Borland C++/Builder
IDE editors away!

You can even get an OLE version of Vim that integrates with Visual Studio.

Chris

--
Pardon me, I'm just browsing...

 
 
 

<<*!*>> Colors in Vim/xterm/man pages

Post by LinuxBe » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:49:34




> # man xterm
> #
> # In the xterm man pages there are options to turn this off.
> #

> #
> # > Hi all,
> # > I'm having a problem with the color of some words (key words, options
> # > to commands, listed directory names, ...) especially when doing a man
> # > on something. Bold-faced words are very hard to read with some
> # > backgrounds that I use.
> # > Where should I look at changing the colors the words get displayed
> # > with?

> In vim, do ":help hi" to see the keyword types and the colors assigned.
> "hi" is short for highlight.

> Play with it.  Vim has even better syntax highlighting than
> CodeWright.  And of course it blows the Visual C++ and Borland C++/Builder
> IDE editors away!

> You can even get an OLE version of Vim that integrates with Visual Studio.

> Chris

define xterm colours in .Xdefaults, like this:

!! XTERM
.xterm.geometry: 60x25
.xterm.vt100.background: black
.xterm.vt100.foreground: grey
.xterm.vt100.color1:#d36265
.xterm.vt100.color2:#aece91
.xterm.vt100.color3:#e7e18c
.xterm.vt100.color4:#7a7ab0
.xterm.vt100.color5:#963c59
.xterm.vt100.color6:#418179
.xterm.vt100.color7:gray
.xterm.vt100.color8:gray40
.xterm.vt100.color9:#ef8171
xterm.vt100.color10:#e5f779
.xterm.vt100.color11:#fff796
.xterm.vt100.color12:#4186be
.xterm.vt100.color13:#ef9ebe
xterm.vt100.color14:#71bebe

.xterm.vt100.color15:white
.xterm.vt100.scrollBar:False
.xterm.vt100*font: 9x15

_____________

hope that helps

--

LinuxBear

       ___  
     {~._.~}
     _( Y )_
    (:_~*~_:)
     (_)-(_)

 
 
 

1. <><><> MOUNTING EXTENDED PARTITION <><><>

I have a 10 GB UDMA IDE drive formatted with Windows.  The first partition
is FAT32, and the second is NTFS.  I can successfully mount the first, but
not the second.  Any ideas?

Suse 7.2 on i86
the drive is mounted on /dev/hdc, and I CAN see hda1, but not hda2

2. change dir

3. Wanted: <><><> Unix Specialist <><><>

4. Printing thru IBM3151 terminal?

5. LILO help <><><><><><>

6. X Server for Windows

7. <Alt>+<key> = <Esc><key> ?

8. Quake thru IP Masq

9. *{<><>}*Linux*Screen*Difficulties*{<><>}*

10. << <<anyone using dyn-html?>> >>

11. (<><>)*Linux*Screen*Difficulties*(<><>)

12. Samba problem: WinXP <-> ADSL <-> Internet <-> Cable <-> Linux

13. SunSparc <--> modem <--> 486DLC <--> RS232/SLIP <--> 386sx