compiling midnight commander for Gnome

Post by joebalo.. » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

When compiling mc-4.5.30 or 31, I get the same
"make" error on Redhat 5.2 and Slackware (recent).

gscreen.o: In function `panel_widget_motion':
/usr/local/src/mc-4.5.30/gnome/gscreen.c:951: undefined reference to
`MAX'
make[2]: *** [plain-gmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mc-4.5.30/gnome'
make[1]: *** [mx] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mc-4.5.30/gnome'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Anyone with a similiar situation?

1. 7.0 config questions: monitor resolution, font, X-system, Gnome, Midnight Commander, fstab

Basic RedHat 7.0 post-install configuration problems:

: RedHat on hda2 is not using the full monitor screen
  area.  The shaded background at logon occupies only
  about 4/5ths of the screen area, leaving a wide black
  margin on the left and an even wider black margin on
  the right.  This is a problem I do NOT have with
  Corel 1.2 on hda7.

  I assume this wide unused screen-area means that
  there is something wrong with my X-window settings.
  Will linuxconf help me to enter the right settings?

  During install I specified 800x600 as my screen size,
  because the print displayed in the test screen was
  much too small.  I also specified 32-bit colors --
  perhaps that was the mistake.  How can I combine
  legible prit-size with full use of the screen area?

: Midnight Commander is using "s" and "9" instead of
  the DOS box-characters in its borders.

: Gnome seems to have little or no keyboard interface.
  Searching through help, I can't find keyboard
  "shortcuts" to switch between windows or close
  windows.  The absence of a keyboard interface in
  Gnome, makes Gnome cumbersome to the point of
  being almost unusable.

: Gnome also hung during logout.  I had to use Ctrl-Alt-F1
  to get to the text-mode console.  I tried killing
  gnome_session, but that didn't free things up, so I
  used the shutdown command.  (What task should I have
  killed?)

: None of my other partitions on the hard-drive came
  up accessible.  In fact, there was no /disks directory
  at all! -- as there is in Corel (Debian).  I
  created a /disks directory and a subdirectory for
  each partition, then copied the fstab information
  from the Corel 1.2 partition. I hope this will fix
  the problem.

2. Anyone used an IBM 6157 Tape Drive?

3. How to set font colors in GNOME Midnight Commander?

4. dbx warning:

5. problem with depmod

6. Changing default font and colors in gnome midnight commander?

7. New SCSI card

8. Midnight Commander 1.0 (was Mouseless Commander)

9. Is here anyone successful compile midnight commander at solaris?

10. Compiling Midnight Commander in Sol2.7

11. Compile Midnight Commander with ELF version of Linux?

12. Midnight commander settings