ET4000 starts X sometimes, sometimes just black screen

ET4000 starts X sometimes, sometimes just black screen

Post by Daniel Ryd » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi

I have recently downloaded the XF86_W32_gendac server and am trying that as I
had no luck with the standard W32 driver.  I am running Slackware 3.1.2.  The
server occasionally starts up visible but usually a black screen comes up. Even
if I leave the config file alone, running "startx" over and over will
eventually work, but the next time it probably won't. When I run SuperProbe, it
tells me I have a Music MU9C4910 Ramdac, which doesn't appear on the list in
xf86config.  Finally on the rare occasion that the X server will start up some
of the palette colors are usually wrong ie if I start a color X-term, the text
and background are both white, etc.  Anyone with a solution pls post or email
me.

Thanks

Dan

ET4000 starts X sometimes, sometimes just black screen

Post by C Sham » Tue, 26 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: Hi
:
: I have recently downloaded the XF86_W32_gendac server and am trying that as I
: had no luck with the standard W32 driver.  I am running Slackware 3.1.2.  The
: server occasionally starts up visible but usually a black screen comes up. Even

Get the Xfree86-3.1.2a W32 server.  You can find it at ftp.xfree86.org.
Lots of improvements over 3.1.2.

--
C. Shamis                                       / This space intentionally