Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

Post by Elvis Che » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

greetings,

Can anyone shed a light on how to get wheel mouse to work with X, the way
it works with windows?  Specifically, I would like to use the scrolling
mouse to do page-up/page-down under netscape, and hopefully emacs as well.

I was told that it may be possible to map page-up/page-down to button 4/5,
respectively, but was not given any further detail.

thanx in advance,

Elvis

Post by DonJ » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> greetings,

> Can anyone shed a light on how to get wheel mouse to work with X, the way
> it works with windows?  Specifically, I would like to use the scrolling
> mouse to do page-up/page-down under netscape, and hopefully emacs as well.

> I was told that it may be possible to map page-up/page-down to button 4/5,
> respectively, but was not given any further detail.

> thanx in advance,

> Elvis

Look for the package 'imwheel'
  http://www.google.com/linux?q=imwheel&num=10

--
 -----------------------
  Don E. Groves, Jr.

  I'll add a witty saying here later.

----------------

Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

Post by Be In Bli » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:01:02 -0400, Elvis Chen

The following is a wonderful resource for getting the Mouseman+
working.  I also have a mouseman + (PS/2) and it works just fine under
Linux.  I am using SuSe 6.1 although I have also used RH5.2-6.0.

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

Quote:

>greetings,

>Can anyone shed a light on how to get wheel mouse to work with X, the way
>it works with windows?  Specifically, I would like to use the scrolling
>mouse to do page-up/page-down under netscape, and hopefully emacs as well.

>I was told that it may be possible to map page-up/page-down to button 4/5,
>respectively, but was not given any further detail.

>thanx in advance,

>Elvis

                          {============================================}

                       OS/2 Warp - for speed that breaks Windows and IQ's over 98

         {-------------------------------------------------------------------------------}
                                ***************************
                                        *************
                                           ********
                                              ****
                                               88

Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

Post by Elvis Che » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:01:02 -0400, Elvis Chen
> http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/
> >Can anyone shed a light on how to get wheel mouse to work with X, the way
> >it works with windows?  Specifically, I would like to use the scrolling
> >mouse to do page-up/page-down under netscape, and hopefully emacs as well.

thanx to all who helped.  The above URL has all the information I was
looking for.

Elvis

1. Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Sorry that I am posting this question to a few groups.  I need to get the
answer ASAP for a reason ....

I am using Caldera 2.2.  Somehow I can never get the wheel on my Logitech
First Mouse+ to work.  In XF86Setup, I can't find the appropriate driver for
it.  Is there a driver for it at all?  However, choosing MouseManPlus PS/2
seems to allow the mouse to work fine except the wheel is being ignored.

Also, I tried to switch to the MS Wheel mouse (the cheaper one, not
IntelliMouse), and tried to choose IntelliMouse as the driver.  The mouse
behaves like crazy!  Is this not an appropriate driver for it?  Where can I
find a driver for MS Wheel mouse?

Thanks very much in advance.

Patrick.

2. Machine *load* calculation

3. Is a "wheel" mouse possible in RH 5.2 - Logitech First Mouse +

4. FAQ: comp.lang.awk: pointer

5. Mouse wheel in Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel

6. olwm & colours

7. Logitech cordless wheel mouse center wheel configuration

8. Can Linux Give NT a run for its money?

9. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.

10. Logitech Wheel Mouse (MN M-BD58)

11. logitech wheel mouse

12. Logitech Wheel Mouse

13. Logitech Wheel-Mouse