X-win32 with XDMCP broadcast

Post by W. J. Hs » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I tried to use X-win32 with XDMCP/broadcast  mode to pick up
an X session from a list.  On the pick up list, I can see two Solaris
machine.  I also can connect to and open a CDE without any problem.
The problem is my Linux machine display on the list occasionally,
Some time when I am lucky to see it on the list, but I still can not
connect to. I am wondering if anyone have experience on X-win32 to Linux.
I appreciated if someone can give an hint.

Best regards
WJ

X-win32 with XDMCP broadcast

Post by Charles Blackbur » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

where can I get xwin32? I'll take a look. sounds interesting.

--
Charles Blackburn
Summerfield Technology Limited - Official SuSE Reseller & Sponser of the

http://www.summerfieldtechnology.co.uk

Quote:> Hello,

> I tried to use X-win32 with XDMCP/broadcast  mode to pick up
> an X session from a list.  On the pick up list, I can see two Solaris
> machine.  I also can connect to and open a CDE without any problem.
> The problem is my Linux machine display on the list occasionally,
> Some time when I am lucky to see it on the list, but I still can not
> connect to. I am wondering if anyone have experience on X-win32 to Linux.
> I appreciated if someone can give an hint.

> Best regards
> WJ

X-win32 with XDMCP broadcast

Post by W. J. Hs » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Try following address to download a evaluation version:

http://www.multinex.dk/xwin/download.html
http://www.starnet.com

Charles Blackburn ???g??31 ...

>where can I get xwin32? I'll take a look. sounds interesting.

>--
>Charles Blackburn
>Summerfield Technology Limited - Official SuSE Reseller & Sponser of the
>Birmingham L.U.G
>TEL: 07909 573 151 -=- FAX: +44-121-624 8698

>http://www.summerfieldtechnology.co.uk

>> Hello,

>> I tried to use X-win32 with XDMCP/broadcast  mode to pick up
>> an X session from a list.  On the pick up list, I can see two Solaris
>> machine.  I also can connect to and open a CDE without any problem.
>> The problem is my Linux machine display on the list occasionally,
>> Some time when I am lucky to see it on the list, but I still can not
>> connect to. I am wondering if anyone have experience on X-win32 to Linux.
>> I appreciated if someone can give an hint.

>> Best regards
>> WJ

X-win32 with XDMCP broadcast

Post by user^ » Tue, 09 Nov 1999 04:00:00

i cant seem to get any remote x session working. i try to connect to my
mandrake 6.1 box from my school's x terminals but it wont connect. anyone
know what i have to configure to do a remote x session?
thanks

>Hello,

>I tried to use X-win32 with XDMCP/broadcast  mode to pick up
>an X session from a list.  On the pick up list, I can see two Solaris
>machine.  I also can connect to and open a CDE without any problem.
>The problem is my Linux machine display on the list occasionally,
>Some time when I am lucky to see it on the list, but I still can not
>connect to. I am wondering if anyone have experience on X-win32 to Linux.
>I appreciated if someone can give an hint.

>Best regards
>WJ

1. XDMCP with GDM using X-win32 or Winaxe

I'm trying setup a Windows 2000 PC to sign on to Red Hat 7.2 using GDM. I've
followed the how-to instructions on the internet by Tom Choa, but I always
get the same response with either X-win or Winaxe, "Session Declined".

Please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks,
Dion

2. Where are irint(), usleep(), audio_u2s(), audio_s2u()?

3. help with X-win32 client software

4. CAP - add_at_printer

5. sygate and x-win32 question

6. Browse Windows From PPTP Client

7. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

8. script with counter

9. X-win32 doesn't work for RH 6.1!?

10. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

11. X-Win32, SSH and Blackbox Desktop?

12. KDE menus with X-Win32

13. problem with KDE2.x menus on X-Win32 server