color problems with Netscape

Post by dak » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

    Why is it when I run netscape most of it comes up in grey scale and
I get a TON of messages about pseudo visuals not supported. I also get
one that says "cannot allocate colormap entry for default background"  I
am using Netscape 4.05 with Red Hat 5 and a Matrox Millenium graphics
card with 4 megs memory. Any help would be appreciated. Please reply via
e-mail if popssible.

Dan Kosko

color problems with Netscape

Post by Bob Dodd » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Are you running any other apps before Netscape?

I've read that apps that run before something else can use up
available 256-color palettes, and if so, it is possible to write
custom palettes and assign them to particular apps. I believe
you can get optional color map files in the Anthony Icons
collection, for those of us who don't know how to write them.

This problem would not occur in higher color modes, but I
like 256 for speed.

--Bob

>     Why is it when I run netscape most of it comes up in grey scale and
> I get a TON of messages about pseudo visuals not supported. I also get
> one that says "cannot allocate colormap entry for default background"  I
> am using Netscape 4.05 with Red Hat 5 and a Matrox Millenium graphics
> card with 4 megs memory. Any help would be appreciated. Please reply via
> e-mail if popssible.

> Dan Kosko

1. Color problem with Netscape 1.1x

Hello All,

From time to time I got color problems to run Netscape in Linux XF86 3.1.1.
When I started Netscape then the subsequent applications to be launched will
not have enough color cells and the appearance the application windows will
look different.  Sometime this still Ok but sometime the window could not
be read because of the wrong color.  Thus my work around is to start Netscape
as the last application.

However, this certain will fail with those programs like mpeg_play in mailcap
file.

I would to know how you guys slove this.

Thanks in advance for any comment!

marco

2. Gatesix!?

3. Netscape color pallete problem

4. 530 Performance problems

5. Netscape's Problem Allocating Colors...

6. FTP

7. Netscape 4 Color Problem

8. tcl and tk library problems

9. Problem with Netscape 4.5 color links

10. netscape color problem

11. Netscape icon color problem

12. Netscape 3.01 in 4bit (16 color) Xwindows system problem!??

13. Netscape 4.5 Color Problem - need help