FVWM Config and PPP Setup

Post by Drag » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have a link or book recommendation for FVWM2 and
tkgoodstuff configuration.  I was looking for something complete, like
listing all of the commands and parameters that can go in the
fvwm2rc.

Also, how do I set up my PPP network and dial my Internet service
through linux.  I am using Red Hat 4.2, and a x2 USR 56 K modem.

Thanks
Mike

FVWM Config and PPP Setup

Post by Charles Eich » Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone have a link or book recommendation for FVWM2 and
> tkgoodstuff configuration.  I was looking for something complete, like
> listing all of the commands and parameters that can go in the
> fvwm2rc.

I found a really great site, it had excellent tips on configuring fvwm2..it
was about the only site that had fvwm2-specific instructions. But alas,
they went down tonight. I was about halfway through the instructions, just
copying clips from his .fvwm2rc right out of the browser into my editor
window. Worked great.. I hope his site comes back up. Keep an eye out for
it at:

<http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~imc/fvwm_config.html>

 > Also, how do I set up my PPP network and dial my Internet service

Quote:> through linux.  I am using Red Hat 4.2, and a x2 USR 56 K modem.

read the PPP mini-howto.. I don't use RedHat, but I think its on their CDs.
Or check the usual websites.

| Charles Eicher   |
|       -=-        |

FVWM Config and PPP Setup

Post by Jim Knob » Mon, 04 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: Also, how do I set up my PPP network and dial my Internet service
: through linux.  I am using Red Hat 4.2, and a x2 USR 56 K modem.

This is a good question for the redhat-ppp-list (not for
comp.windows.x.i386.unix); see http://www.veryComputer.com/

Try using the Network Configuration tool from the control-panel; you
can set up a PPP connection in the same way you set up an ethernet
connection.  If you'd rather not use the graphical interface, but still
want to use the scripts (not recommended, especially because you need
to set up your own chat scripts in that case), see the new RH Network
Configuration Tips at http://www.veryComputer.com/

peace.

--jim

--
############ jim knoble ######## jmknoble-at-pobox-dot-com #############
| note: my return email address is not valid, specifically in order to |

| senders of unsolicited adverti*ts will be charged US$500/message |

1. PPP Setup problems and general problem in fvwm

I'm using slackware 2.0.3 and I've got everything working except these
three things.

When I start a Xwindows application such as emacs or xfig, it thinks
that my screen is bigger than it is and starts the application off in
two of my virtual screen windows.  Sometimes when I start it on the
first desktop, I won't be able to move it cuz the top is un-reachable by
mouse.  Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

I have a pager that manages the desktops.  I have 12 windows in this
thing, I want to decrease this to about 4.  How do I do this?

I've been trying to set up PPP.  I have tried various methods of doing
this but no success.  I used minicom to first login to my ISP and then
quit minicom to start pppd.  I've tried a chatscript but it didn't work
either.  Does anyone know how I can use chat so that I can see what it
is sending the modem and what the modem is responding with?  It seems to
be trying to connect but hangs up on me after a while.  When I type
"ifconfig" which is what one of the documentations said, it said that
this command did not exist.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.  I've been struggling with linux
setup for weeks and I still can't get it working perfectly the way I
want it to.  It's very frustrating.

Paul Tsai

2. Slackware on 1.44?

3. Setup/Config (PPP) - LONG!

4. Looking for article on "top 10 good practices to use when shell programming"

5. PPP config (and ifconfig setup)

6. Hard sector floppies.

7. Problem to setup PPP config with external modem and dynamic ip

8. Realtek RT-3105

9. Newbie-Help with PPP config/setup *please*

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. translating kppp config files to ppp config files

12. Att. Fvwm config wizards!

13. How to config the fvwm