kdm and xdmcp broadcast in woody

Post by adam tworkowsk » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:02:08

I am problems setting up xdmcp broadcasts using kdm 2.2.1.0.-6 (deb
pacakge) under Debian Woody.

xdmcp works fine with gdm 2.2.4.3-1 (deb pacakage).  It simply works with
by [XDMCP] Enable=true in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.

kdm seems to be more problematic.  I have the right port set for the
Display.Manager in kdm-config and an * in Xaccess (I know this is fairly
open).  The machines on the network are also have each other listed in
/etc/hosts/.

Am I missing something?  I know that xdmcp isn't working in kdm because
snort flags X11 activities for gdm but not kdm.

Adam