1. I need a box-drawing font (or a font editor)
Because I'm porting a program that originally ran under MS-DOS (sort-of, but
that's a long, off-topic story) on a PC, I really need to be able to display
what in the PC-world are called the line-drawing (or box-drawing) characters
within an xterm window. It's easy from a text-terminal because they are in
the VGA-card's native character set, but the X-Window fonts don't include
these characters, though they include a large number of "foreign" language
characters which my application doesn't need.
The simplest way to do the porting is to find an X-Window font that includes
the usual 32-127 characters plus an approximation to the box-drawing set on
the VGA card. But I couldn't find -- in the reasonably complete load from
RH 5.2 -- any fonts that met these requirements.
If I can't do this, then the next simplest way to do this is to take an
existing font and replace some of the characters I don't need (and won't
ever need -- this is an embedded application, not mass-market software) and
edit the font to add the characters I need. But I haven't been able to find
a font-editor either.
All suggestions (or solutions) are welcome.
3. I need a box-drawing font (or a font editor(
4. Vlan 802.1q performance problems
5. Need an icon font editor that handles multiple fonts per file
7. kwrite (advanced editor): no font sizing??
8. what time?
10. tkdesk file browser/editor font?
11. Font Editor
13. tiny fonts in kmail, knode email editors and konqueror previewer