cut-n-paste with X?

Post by jason varsok » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

  Okay, I'm a long time Solaris user and to cut-n-paste in X all I
usually do is highlight text in any application, activate another frame
and click the middle button.  That doesn't seem to work in XFree86
(KDE).  I don't have 3 button emulation mode on, I have a three button
mouse (Intellimouse); so what am I doing wrong?

-jason

cut-n-paste with X?

Post by Florian E.J. Frut » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>   Okay, I'm a long time Solaris user and to cut-n-paste in X all I
> usually do is highlight text in any application, activate another frame
> and click the middle button.  That doesn't seem to work in XFree86
> (KDE).  I don't have 3 button emulation mode on, I have a three button
> mouse (Intellimouse); so what am I doing wrong?

> -jason

perhaps u didn't tell x that u have 3 buttons...
look at the /etc/XF86Config file in the [Pointer] section if there stands

Buttons         3

fejf

--
the backup of my harddisk only takes the half time it
did yesterday. i started to pipe it to /dev/null

cut-n-paste with X?

Post by jason varsok » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> >   Okay, I'm a long time Solaris user and to cut-n-paste in X all I
> > usually do is highlight text in any application, activate another frame
> > and click the middle button.  That doesn't seem to work in XFree86
> > (KDE).  I don't have 3 button emulation mode on, I have a three button
> > mouse (Intellimouse); so what am I doing wrong?

> > -jason

> perhaps u didn't tell x that u have 3 buttons...
> look at the /etc/XF86Config file in the [Pointer] section if there stands

> Buttons         3

> fejf

Actually, I'm telling it 5 buttons.  And I'm setting zaxis 4 5
I tried xev to see if the 3rd button was even registering.  It's not.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Protocol "PS/2"
Device    "/dev/psaux"
Buttons    5
ZAxisMapping 4 5

The xdm error log reports that everything registers.

-j

Quote:

Post by Adam K Kirchhof » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>> >   Okay, I'm a long time Solaris user and to cut-n-paste in X all I
>> > usually do is highlight text in any application, activate another frame
>> > and click the middle button.  That doesn't seem to work in XFree86
>> > (KDE).  I don't have 3 button emulation mode on, I have a three button
>> > mouse (Intellimouse); so what am I doing wrong?

>> > -jason

>> perhaps u didn't tell x that u have 3 buttons...
>> look at the /etc/XF86Config file in the [Pointer] section if there stands

>> Buttons         3

>> fejf
> Actually, I'm telling it 5 buttons.  And I'm setting zaxis 4 5
> I tried xev to see if the 3rd button was even registering.  It's not.
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
> Protocol "PS/2"

Is it a mouse with a Scroll button?  If so, try changing the Protocol to "IMPS/2"

Adam

Quote:> Device    "/dev/psaux"

Post by jason varsok » Sun, 02 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> >> perhaps u didn't tell x that u have 3 buttons...
> >> look at the /etc/XF86Config file in the [Pointer] section if there stands

> >> Buttons         3

> >> fejf

> > Actually, I'm telling it 5 buttons.  And I'm setting zaxis 4 5
> > I tried xev to see if the 3rd button was even registering.  It's not.
> > Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

> > Protocol "PS/2"

> Is it a mouse with a Scroll button?  If so, try changing the Protocol to "IMPS/2"

When I change it the mouse resets itself to the upper right hand corner
of the screen constantly.

Quote:

> Adam

> > Device    "/dev/psaux"
> > Buttons    5
> > ZAxisMapping 4 5

> > The xdm error log reports that everything registers.

> > -j

> >> --
> >> the backup of my harddisk only takes the half time it
> >> did yesterday. i started to pipe it to /dev/null

> --

1. Cut-n-Paste Problem

I have a Motif application, and am attempting to get cut/paste to work
properly.  As it is currently written, I can paste text that has been
cut/copied to any of the Xview, Xt or Motif clipboards.  However, I can
only copy to the Motif clipboard from my application.

I've been pouring over OReilly's discussion of the subject matter only to
become more confused...

Any of you folks encounter this before?  And how did you solve it?

Richard (Please call me, ASAP) Rognlie
--
  /\/\/\  | Richard Rognlie / Sr. Computer Analyst / PRC Inc. / McLean, VA

 \  / / / | Phone:  (Home) (703) 361-4764   (Office) (703) 556-2458
  \/\/\/  |                                 (Fax)    (703) 556-1174

2. Annex3 Terminal Server

3. Can't cut-n-paste

4. Help with swap on Solaris 2.6

5. xterm cut-n-paste

6. Solaris and wireless?

7. cut-n-paste oddities

8. test

9. Cut-n-paste in vi?

10. xterm cut-n-paste

11. Cut-N-Paste in X Windows

12. Cut and paste & Mouse button questions

13. Cut & Paste w/ PS/2 Mouse - HOW???