AcceleratedX vs. Metro-X vs. XFree86

Post by kendall sha » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

Which should I get, and why? I have ordered a #9 Imagine 128 series 2
with 8MB VRAM.

Post by kendall sha » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

> Which should I get, and why? I have ordered a #9 Imagine 128 series 2
> with 8MB VRAM.

I got the word from Xi Graphics that my this card is not supported yet.
(If you look at the list of supported cards the 8MB Series 2 card is
absent). They say there is a working version that is not yet beta
however.

So, the question becomes Metro-X vs. XFree86.

The multiple visuals support looked appealing in AcceleratedX. Maybe
XFree86 will be adequate until Xi Graphics releases support for my
card?

1. AcceleratedX vs. Metro-X?

I have a Matrox 2MB video card and am looking to run
X in something other than 640x480/16 color.

Is anyone using AcceleratedX or Metro-X?  Which is the
best?  Are there any others that support Matrox?

Thanks for the info!
---
Travis Searls

2. 2.4.2 usb and 8139too

3. HELP!!! (XFree vs. AcceleratedX vs. Xappeal vs. Other)

4. Calls

5. XDMCP without advertising

6. gcc -g -lm -> ld error

7. KDE vs. Openlook vs. Xfree86 vs. MetroX vs. CDE

8. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

9. RedHat Metro-X vs. XFree86

10. metro-X vs. XFree86

11. XFree86 vs. AcceleratedX