chooser/xdm config problem

Post by Geoff La » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to configure xdm/chooser to do the following...

        a) both run on the same linux box (say it's called twirl)
        b) have chooser offer a menu including twirl and a number of
          other remote Unix systems.

I feel that this should be possible but have never managed to get it to
work.  I manage to get chooser running with a menu of remote systems but can
never get it to include the system that chooser is running on.

Geoff. Lane.                                    Manchester Computing

Life shouldn't be an endless repetition of stale successes.

1. xdm/chooser config problem

I want to use xdm/chooser to display a menu offering both the Linux PC *and*
other remote clients when I boot the PC.  I am unable to configure
xdm/chooser to do this but it must be possible?  I've been through the
HOWTO's and the O'Reilly book (vol8) and am now totally confused.

How is this done?  Is there a version dependent bug preventing success?

--
Geoff. Lane.                                  http://cs6400.mcc.ac.uk/~zzassgl/

"If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong."
                                                              -- Norm Schryer

2. specialix mts7000

3. xdm / chooser config?

4. digital hardware analysis.

5. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

6. Q: How about Connor C250 MQX and ftape?

7. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

8. lilo won't boot off /dev/sda but will off hda

9. xdm chooser mode problems

10. xdm & chooser Problem

11. problems with the chooser on xdm

12. xdm and chooser problem in Redhat7.0

13. Problem Setting up Linux/Xdm/Chooser