Netscape PlugIns and Acrobat

Post by Darrell Burke » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've been trying to get the Acrobat plug in to work under RedHat 5.2 and
Netscape 4.07. I've read everything I can find and now know more about this
then I ever wanted to but no answer to the problem.

When I go to the preferences, applications and attempt to put in a new entry
the 'plugin' option is greyed out so I can't select the acrobat plugin that I
put into /usr/lib/netscape/lib. I've also eported the env variable
NPX_PLUGIN_PATH to the location of the plug in but no matter what I do the
option to select a plug-in is still disabled.

I also tried to set up the reader as a helper application but it won't run.
When I attempt to read an acrobat file there is a lot of disk activity and then
nothing. I thought this might be a permissions problem but I'm not sure at this
point.

Does anyone have any plugins installed with RH5.2 and Netscape 4.07?  If so,
could you tell me how you accomplished it please.

TIA

Netscape PlugIns and Acrobat

Post by Prasanth Kuma » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

<SNIP>
> Does anyone have any plugins installed with RH5.2 and Netscape 4.07?  If so,
> could you tell me how you accomplished it please.

> TIA

There is a Acrobat RPM in the Redhat ftp server in the contrib
directories. The RPM
doesn't enable the plugin feature though--only the helperr application.

--
Prasanth Kumar

1. Adobe Acrobat Plugin for Netscape RH52

The plugin for acrobat reader normally opens up inside of Netscape.  On
my RH52 installation with Communicator 4.5, the plugin works - sort of,
but it launches a new window like it's a helper application instead of a
plugin.  You then have to go to "File, Open" and manually open the .pdf
file.  In the netscape preferences menu, it's set up as a plugin
(nnpdf.so),.

What did I miss?

TIA

Dan Naughton

2. NCSA SSL not for MSIE?

3. Netscape 4.7 & Acrobat plugin on AIX4.3.2

4. Please help me with my Linux Red Hat 5.2 installation

5. Installing Acrobat Netscape Plugin

6. Root is full

7. Acrobat plugin to Netscape won't load

8. RIP question

9. is ther a workaround - Acrobat Reader plugins on 4.4+Netscape?

10. Cant load plugin /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/java_30

11. Acrobat Reader plugin hangs in mozilla 1.2.1 on RH9

12. Help Needed! Acrobat plugin

13. Plugin Adobe Acrobat Reader