XFree86 3.2 - PEX not loaded

Post by Santosh Krishnan x281 » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I just installed X 3.2.  I've got it working far more than a lot of
messages that I saw on this news group, but I do have a few problems.

As root, it starts up fine.  However, when I try starting it up as a user,
it appears to be starting up, then I see the background screen, and then
it exits.  It does not give any error message, and seems to exit normally.

All it tells me is that the PEX extensions were not loaded and the XIE
extensions were not either.

Any clues on this?  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Santosh Krishnan

* LINUX System Admin    | Phone: (817)272-2815  *
* Center for High Energy Physics and Technology *
* The University of Texas at Arlington          *
* Arlington, Texas 76019                        *
* Fax: (817)272-2824                            *

XFree86 3.2 - PEX not loaded

Post by James B. Hill » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: Hi,

: I just installed X 3.2.  I've got it working far more than a lot of
: messages that I saw on this news group, but I do have a few problems.

: As root, it starts up fine.  However, when I try starting it up as a user,
: it appears to be starting up, then I see the background screen, and then
: it exits.  It does not give any error message, and seems to exit normally.

: All it tells me is that the PEX extensions were not loaded and the XIE
: extensions were not either.

: Any clues on this?  I'll keep you posted.

Hi!

You'll find the answer to this posted to this group about 6 hours prior
to when you posted your question (among many previous answers posted
within the last week).

May I suggest doing a subject search on 'PEX'?

jbh

XFree86 3.2 - PEX not loaded

Post by Cameron Scha » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: You'll find the answer to this posted to this group about 6 hours prior
: to when you posted your question (among many previous answers posted
: within the last week).

: May I suggest doing a subject search on 'PEX'?

My news server doesn't have any of these articles.  Care to enlighten
myself and the original poster about how to solve the problem?
(A search for pex turned up nothing besides this article...).

Thanks
Cam

XFree86 3.2 - PEX not loaded

Go to www.dejanews.com, extensive free news archives and search engine.

--

No, I don't speak for Amdahl... I'm not even sure I speak for myself.