X scrambles ascii terminal

Post by Dan Wol » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I just recently installed RH 5.2. The only problem I'm having is that once I
run X a little while the ascii vt's become "Scrambled". All of them. They
stay scrambled until I reboot. X works fine tho.

I'm using the XF86_S3V server. My machine is:
Shuttle HOT-569 mother board
AMD k6-233
64 meg RAM

Another peculiarity that maybe related is that I've got rdev -v set to ask
and when I set the video at 1 for the 80x50 mode it go to that mode until it
reaches the "mounting filesystems" line in the bootup. Then it switches back
to 80x25. Isn't that odd?

THANKS for any suggestions!

-dan

--

Metal Design & Fabrication

X scrambles ascii terminal

Post by C Sanjayan Rosenmun » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I just recently installed RH 5.2. The only problem I'm having is that once I
> run X a little while the ascii vt's become "Scrambled". All of them. They
> stay scrambled until I reboot. X works fine tho.

> I'm using the XF86_S3V server. My machine is:
> Shuttle HOT-569 mother board
> AMD k6-233
> 64 meg RAM

> Another peculiarity that maybe related is that I've got rdev -v set to ask
> and when I set the video at 1 for the 80x50 mode it go to that mode until it
> reaches the "mounting filesystems" line in the bootup. Then it switches back
> to 80x25. Isn't that odd?

> THANKS for any suggestions!

> -dan

> --

> Metal Design & Fabrication

Type setfont at the command line to reset the tty fonts, all should be
well then.
--
Sanjay

Windows has detected that a gnat has farted near your computer.
             Press any key to reboot.