Newbie question - How can I modify which apps run on X startup?

Newbie question - How can I modify which apps run on X startup?

Post by Vee » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm a 3rd day Linux user and can't figure out how to change the
applications that are launched automatically on startup of Xfree86.

I tried "preferences=>save desktop to new.xinitrc" in the start menu
which sounded promising but that didn't change anything.

Any help appreciated, email even more so!

Jon Veencamp

1. Newbie Question: Apps that launch on X Startup

I'm new to linux but leaning quickly.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to
find an answer to what is (I assume) a simple issue.

I'm using Red Hat 6.1, Gnome, and Enlightenment.  When I run startx, the
Home Directory and Gnome Help Browser start up.  How do I disable this?  I
tried looking in Settings --> Startup Programs, but there's nothing listed
there.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Evan

2. Can I connect an Apple LW to a Sun workstation

3. Newbie question on running client server app on Postgresql

4. Can someone compare and contrast NT vs unix as a Web platform?

5. newbie question: where does the app run?

6. Drastic slowdown with 2.3

7. Running Java App on Startup

8. fork - waiting for children

9. App run on startup

10. run apps on startup?

11. Newbie Q: How to get ssh-add to run automatically at startup.

12. Newbie problem: running a script at startup

13. Newbie: Running On StartUp