trident flicker....

Post by Chris Van Buskir » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi, I have terrible flicker on my computer.  I tried the opition
"tgui_pci_write_off"
and read, but it did not cure my problem.  Any other methods?

-chris

trident flicker....

Post by Lars Torben Wilso » Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, I have terrible flicker on my computer.  I tried the opition
> "tgui_pci_write_off"
> and read, but it did not cure my problem.  Any other methods?

> -chris

Check your refresh rates: sounds like they're set low. Other than
that guess, you'll need to supply more info, for instance *which* Trident
and what sort of monitor.

Lars Torben Wilson                     "Most people wouldn't know music if
student, Computer Science Dep't.        it came up and bit them on the ass."
University of Tampere, Finland                               - Frank Zappa

http://www.uta.fi/~cslawi

1. Trident 9680 flicker

I installed XFree86 release 3.2 yesterday with a Trident 9680 card, and
I am getting a fair bit of flicker at 1280x1024 when I move the mouse.
It's not just regular flicker across the entire screen that you normally
get with a low refresh, but white lines flickering across the screen
while the mouse is moving.  Is this the result of slow RAM?  I have a
2 meg DRAM card.  Would and EDO card fix this?

There are other issues, actually.  I am running at a bus speed of 83MHz,
so the PCI bus is running at a little above 40MHz.  Would that be a
possible case?  My Diamond Viper works much better at a 75MHz bus speed,
but it refuses to boot with 83MHz, which is why I tried the Trident card
(perhaps not the best idea overall).

Any suggestions?

I don't necessarily want to get my machine working with the Trident card
at 83MHz, but I'd like to know what to look out for if I want to buy a
new video card.  Incidentally, the Trident card works fine in Windows
95 and NT at 83 MHz (and 1280x1024x256), so I am inclined to think that
it's not the bus speed that causes the flicker.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. lpr/magicfilter/ghostscript problem

3. trident Cyber9397, was: Xconfigurator problems with a trident image975 8mg , PCI card and XFree86 v4

4. ANNOUNCE Solaris Packages for KDE 1.1.2.

5. Will Trident 9440 PCI and Trident 8900 ISA under Linux?

6. SCSI Performance

7. XFree86 with trident driver (trident.o) - X cursor

8. Can someone tell me how to disable shadow passwords? (redhat 6.1) ...EOM

9. Trident VLB card runs fast under Windows, but like generic Trident under Linux...

10. Reset LED flickers - why?

11. flickering edge of screen...

12. Flickering w/ clgd5428 and Sony 15sf

13. Slight monitor flicker under 1.1.74