Customizing X

Post by Federic » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I'm a beginner in the linux world, and i have a question to ask :

I would like to change some parameters for the X server, f.i. changing
the background color, setting the screen saver i preefer, it' quick
using xsetroot etc... but if i want to make a permanent change? I'm
using Red Hat 4.0 and i wonder where are the config files i must edit
in order to do this job, i launch X executing startx, i've read
changing the config file for initx, it'll work, but i'm using the
win95 like console provided in the RH distribution, what have i to do?

Thanx

Federico

Customizing X

Post by Miquel Colom Pi » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I'm a beginner in the linux world, and i have a question to ask :

> I would like to change some parameters for the X server, f.i. changing
> the background color, setting the screen saver i preefer, it' quick
> using xsetroot etc... but if i want to make a permanent change? I'm
> using Red Hat 4.0 and i wonder where are the config files i must edit
> in order to do this job, i launch X executing startx, i've read
> changing the config file for initx, it'll work, but i'm using the
> win95 like console provided in the RH distribution, what have i to do?

> Thanx

> Federico

Execute "man fvwm" or "man fvwm95" to get the information. The
configuration files are in /etc/X11/fvwm95 or in each users home
directory.

1. Customized installation with customized comps file...

Hi;

I need to create customized installation of RedHat 7.3 distro. I
already schrunk distro to one CD and created working ks.cfg file. Now
I need to add some custom RPMs to Base install and modify comps file.
Is there resource on the web where I can find detailed description
what is neccessary to do to customize comps file, or somebody of you
guys already did so?

Please include copy to my e-mail address because this is a web post.
Thank you for help.

Marian

2. Question: Bar coding with linux?

3. Customising CDE

4. Disksuite problem with boot disk??? help...

5. How customizing mouse selection?

6. Private VPN Server behind RH7.1 Firewall Problem

7. Help with customising -geometry option for xapps?

8. /usr/bin/ftp and proxy

9. Customizing the look of OpenWindows 3.4

10. Customizing X

11. Customizing of Alpha Login Prompt, AIX 4.3.2

12. scosh email - customizing

13. Help with customizing SUNVIEW