Compiling Motif 2.0

Post by Staffan Bruc » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello!

I have Motif 2.0 and now I would like to just compile a subset to get
some libraries (guess: libXm.so2 or sth. like this) to run StarOffice.

Could anyone please give me some hints on how to do this? I just sit here
with HEAPS of source, not specifically for Linux.

Thanks in advance!

                Staffan Bruce, Sweden

Compiling Motif 2.0

Post by lally sing » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hello!

> I have Motif 2.0 and now I would like to just compile a subset to get
> some libraries (guess: libXm.so2 or sth. like this) to run StarOffice.

> Could anyone please give me some hints on how to do this? I just sit here
> with HEAPS of source, not specifically for Linux.

> Thanks in advance!

>                 Staffan Bruce, Sweden

StarOffice has the Motif libraries linked.  the install program, on the
other hand, doesn't.  I'm sorry I forgot the location, but a perl script
is on the net _somewhere_ that will do the installation for you.

Then, a symlink from any ELF lib to libXm.so.2 will work.  It's all in
the package...

Good Luck!

Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

(202) 767-6006               *
*****************************************************************/

Compiling Motif 2.0

Post by Staffan Bruc » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> > Hello!

> > I have Motif 2.0 and now I would like to just compile a subset to get
> > some libraries (guess: libXm.so2 or sth. like this) to run StarOffice.

> > Could anyone please give me some hints on how to do this? I just sit here
> > with HEAPS of source, not specifically for Linux.

> > Thanks in advance!

> >                 Staffan Bruce, Sweden

> StarOffice has the Motif libraries linked.  the install program, on the
> other hand, doesn't.  I'm sorry I forgot the location, but a perl script
> is on the net _somewhere_ that will do the installation for you.

> Then, a symlink from any ELF lib to libXm.so.2 will work.  It's all in
> the package...

> Good Luck!

> --
> Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

> (202) 767-6006               *
> *****************************************************************/

Does anybody know where I could get hold of this perl script for the
installations???
If nothing else, maybe someone knows the name and I can search for it on
Alta-Vista...

                Staffan Bruce

Compiling Motif 2.0

Post by Roope Anttin » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> StarOffice has the Motif libraries linked.  the install program, on the
> other hand, doesn't.  I'm sorry I forgot the location, but a perl script
> is on the net _somewhere_ that will do the installation for you.

No, it hasn't got anymore. This was the situation with the first release of the
first beta (which doesn't run anymore). Current release (Beta II) doesn't
have motif linked in it. There are some workarounds, like getting libso312.so
from the first beta though... or get the _real_ motif libs - they're much
faster than this humongous libso312.so which have all kinds of other things
in it too (well if you're going to run other motif apps too with it)

> Then, a symlink from any ELF lib to libXm.so.2 will work.  It's all in
> the package...
> Good Luck!
> --
> Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

> (202) 767-6006               *
> *****************************************************************/

        +358 9 812 7567  /  +358 49 465 902  /  +358 49 445 565
                http://myy.helbp.fi/~anttiner/index.html
   Helsinki Business Polytechnic - Institute of information technology

1. Tips on Compiling Motif 2.0

     Hello,

     We have a source site license for Motif 2.x and now we want to
     compile the libraries on a couple of our Linux systems for
     development.  We are using the Slackware 3.0 distribution and
     XFree86 3.1.2A.  I am hoping that someone can give me some tips
     on what needs to be changed to get this beast compiled.  Thanks
     in advance.

                                        - Kent

2. 4.1 Installation x86 - System hangs

3. Anyone compiled Motif 2.0 with linux, XFree3.1, gcc 2.6.3?

4. Matrox Millenium X-server?

5. Need assistance compiling Motif 2.0

6. Hecules Stingray PCI

7. compiling Motif 2.0 with a recent linux distro

8. Some Windows weirdnesses...

9. Upgrading 1.3.x/Motif 2.0 system to 2.0.33/Motif 2.1 -- any problems/gotchas?

10. Anyone get xmcd-1.4 to compile/run under linux, X11R6, Motif 2.0??

11. Motif 2.0 compiled on Solaris 2.3 using gcc 2.6.3?

12. Help. Porting from Motif 1.2 to Motif 2.0

13. xelm won't compile under Motif 2.0