Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset

Post by Jimmy Hua » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I just upgraded my whole computer (mother board of by old
486-33 burned out).

So I had good luck with Cirrus-52XX boards before plus they
are dirt cheap.  So I decided to upgrade my video to a new
cirrus logic board 5446 series (PCI bus) But it doesn't
seems to like XFree86-3.1.2.  So anybody know if we got
the new drivers for these suckers yet?  PCI video for 66 dollars!
Yippee!

Jimmy

1. New User Help: Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset

Hello everyone,

I am having problems getting my Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset video card to
work properly with my Redhat 3.0.3 distribution.  I am a new user and
got the distribution from a Linux book that I bought.

The problem that I am having is that I can only get 320x240 screen
resolution, which does not work to well.  I looked over all the
configuration files that the book listed, and there is no mention of
that configuration.

Does anyone have any ideas or drivers that I can use?  If you have a
driver, could you tell me exactly how to install it?  I am still really
new to this.

Thanks,

Chris Green

2. XFree86 4 +ATI (not good)

3. Cirrus Logic 5446 chipset problem with X

4. send() function error ???

5. CL-5446 Cirrus Logic 5446 for X-Windows

6. Max number of User accounts under Redhat 7.2

7. Cirrus Logic PX 4072 + 5446 TV-Tap

8. Which Ethernet Card with Linux?

9. Help: Cirrus Logic 5446 PCi for Metro X

10. Cirrus Logic 5446............PLEASE HELP?

11. Cirrus Logic 5446 Problems

12. Cirrus Logic 5446 PCI w/2MB anybody install?

13. Anybody got a Cirrus Logic 5446 working with X ?