XFree 4, Sharp 9070, Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 chipset

XFree 4, Sharp 9070, Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 chipset

Post by Eric Harl » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 04:03:11

I'm posting this so that hopefully someone finds it useful.  I have an
old Sharp 9070 notebook with the Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 video chipset.
 I've found lots of information about problems with the video chipset,
but few people talking about solutions on how to get it to work.

xf86config failed to produce a working xf86config file.  I had been
running Redhat 6.2 earlier with a working xfree (3.x) and noticed that
I had configured it to use the "clgd5436" and I tried to do the same
and that failed.

Finally, I configured it as a clgd5436 but set the driver to "vesa"
instead of "vga".