Newbee X-Windows Config.

Post by Andy For » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Well after 3 days I managed to get my PPP connection setup, downloaded
> and ran Netscape successfully and managed to get X-Windows running
> which was pretty self impressive ;)

> Anyway, I wanna know how to add applications to my windows manager
> menu chumpy. Or direct me to a HOWTO or FAQ or something on the net
> that could help me. Thanx.

it's hard to say without knowing what window manager you're
using.
In general, one could look for a man page.
I use FVWM2, so I add changes to my /home/andy/.fvwm2rc
file.
--
yours,
Andy

Newbee X-Windows Config.

Post by iNtR » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Well after 3 days I managed to get my PPP connection setup, downloaded
and ran Netscape successfully and managed to get X-Windows running
which was pretty self impressive ;)

Anyway, I wanna know how to add applications to my windows manager
menu chumpy. Or direct me to a HOWTO or FAQ or something on the net
that could help me. Thanx.

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. resizing a file

3. Newbee Information about X-Windows

4. IP over Dialup Question

5. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

6. devstrat to raw device

7. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

8. What to use to create new HTML pages

9. X-Windows config

10. help with X-Windows config

11. Tip for QueCDrom X-windows config

12. X-windows monitor config

13. Desperate! Monitor Config for X-Windows Setup