Qt, glibc gcc-2.8.1-1 on RedHat 5.0

Post by Patrick Wra » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Has anybody succeeded in compiling any qt applications with the above?

I downloaded the source rpm for RedHat 5. Compiled qt, and samples with gcc
2.7.something. But, when I upgraded to gcc-2.8.1 (which I really want to
keep because of its support for the standard c++ library), I found I
couldn't compile any qt samples. Has anybody else had this problem, or
better still, does anyone know how to fix it?

Post by E. Kevin Hal » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Has anybody succeeded in compiling any qt applications with the above?

> I downloaded the source rpm for RedHat 5. Compiled qt, and samples with gcc
> 2.7.something. But, when I upgraded to gcc-2.8.1 (which I really want to
> keep because of its support for the standard c++ library), I found I
> couldn't compile any qt samples. Has anybody else had this problem, or
> better still, does anyone know how to fix it?

Welcome to the world of the 2.8.x compilers. Same thing happens
with egcs and pgcc
(on which they are based). I just keep both versions around and
rpm them in and out as needed.

Qt, glibc gcc-2.8.1-1 on RedHat 5.0

: >
:
: Welcome to the world of the 2.8.x compilers. Same thing happens
: with egcs and pgcc
: (on which they are based). I just keep both versions around and
: rpm them in and out as needed.

See http://www.seawood.org/linux/patches/qt-1.31-gcc.patch.  I made
this patch to clean up some compiler warnings and I had no problem
compiling the qt examples.

--
Regards,
Christopher

1. gcc-2.8.1 and libc.so.5 on redhat 5.0

Hi,

I need to compile a shared library (plugin for Netscape) on
RedHat 5.0 using gcc-2.8.1 (2.8.1 because I want to use exceptions).
Unfortunately exceptions imply usage of libstdc++, which in turn
seems to need libc.so.6 because it lacks such functions as _IO_putc
or _IO_peekc_locked, that can't be found in libc.so.5. There is also
a problem with "bad reloc type".

But netscape doesn't like libc.so.6. It crashes in rindex() when
attempting to load some shared libraries.

So, the question is: Can I use gcc-2.8.1 and still work with
libc.so.5, which netscape forces me to use?

MANY thanks in advance,
Andrew.

2. Mail Relaying Denied

3. GCC-2.8.0 or GCC-2.8.1(alpha?)

4. FLEXlm licence info

5. GCC-2.7.2 OR GCC-2.8.1 FOR AIX

6. Solaris 9 Data Encryption Supplement now available (finally... ;)

7. 2.2.18+ adaptec 29160 (scsi0:-1:-1:-1) Referenced SCB 0 not valid

8. solaris like a PDC windows nt server?

9. Solaris -1.-1.-1

10. Using gcc and libc instead of glibc on Redhat 5.0

11. INIT ERROR Usage: sh 0123456SsQqAaBbCc ... sysvinit-2.62 + linux-2.0.0 + ld.so-1.8.1-1 + libc-5.3.12 + gcc-2.7.2 + termcap-2.0.8 + mount-2.5j

12. XF86_SVGA doesn't start when kernel 2.0.35 is compiled with gcc-2.8.1

13. X & gcc-2.8.1