Question about X-term telnet sessions

Post by John Marcon » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi, whenever I telnet to my local mail server, I cannot backspace or delete
because a whole bunch of garbage shows up when I try.  Is there a way to set
up the telnet session differently so that I can use backspace?

Thanks for any help
John Marconi
UIUC Computer Science

Question about X-term telnet sessions

Post by John Marcon » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi, whenever I telnet to my local mail server, I cannot backspace or delete
because a whole bunch of garbage shows up when I try.  Is there a way to set
up the telnet session differently so that I can use backspace?

Thanks for any help
John Marconi
UIUC Computer Science

1. How do I make color x-term work with telnet?

When I telnet in to someplace from within a color-x-term I notice that things
are a bit screwy.  More precisely, text scrolls way past the bottom of the
terminal.  Is there a way to set the term setting?  I tried:

term=vt100;export term

But that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

DT

2. Source to Sum

3. Smart-term vs. x-term

4. Confliction between my device and printer

5. X-Term Configuration Question

6. BJC-2000SP

7. A question on: CURSES and X-term

8. Basic Linux stuff

9. X-term install question

10. A Question on : CURSES and X-term

11. Help: Connect HP 700RX x-term to Linux PC

12. Configuring RH5.2 /w XF3.3.3 as a X-term?

13. I can't start x-term in x