Problem with X-Windows, Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9658

Problem with X-Windows, Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9658

Post by B. S. McMILLA » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've upgraded to Xfree 3.3.2 to use the ProVidia 9685(w/4MB) driver.
However, my Sony CPD-220VS monitor shuts down when I startX.  It reports
the input is out of scan range.  I believe it has to do with timings,
but I can't seem to get any good information to set-up.  This thing
(monitor) works well under Winders 95.  I've switched to another TGUI
Card (9680) and the same problem.

Has anyone figured the timing or has any idea on how I may go about
determining the proper steps to configure the monitor?

GO 43!!!

1. Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9685

The card appears to be working, however, the monitor checks out on me
when I start X (I've used startX and Metro-X)  The monitor reports the
frequency is out of scan range but I have spent more than a week trying
to tweek.  Has anyone been able to fix this problem?  I know the monitor
is working find under Winders 95.  I have upgraded to Xfree 3.3.2.

I am thinking it has to do with the scan timings but I can't seem to get
it write.  HELP

Please e-mail me with answer as well as post to news group.

GO 43

2. Unix Basic Compiler WANTED!

3. Trident 9440 and SONY CPD 15"

4. Switching between KDE and Gnome

6. piping commands

7. Trident Providia 9685 problem

8. Releasing the NIS+ server sources as Open Source ?

9. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

10. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

11. Problem with Sony CPD-1425/S3-968 (2M)

12. Trident Providia 9685, Viewsonic V775, XF86Config file

13. Trident ProVidia 9685 - Can't see X