Where to get latest version of XFree86 (needed for ATI Xpression)

Where to get latest version of XFree86 (needed for ATI Xpression)

Post by Osvaldo Ramon Sabi » Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have one of those wonderful ATI Xpression cards that is causing everyone
so much trouble, and I would like to get the newest version of XFree
(3.1.2B?) to see if it can solve my problems.  Anyone with a pointer to the
FTP site, or help with getting my Xpression to work would be a godsend.

I posted previously about this and recieved many informative ad interesting
replies.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, most of them were somethiong
along the lines of "Sorry, but you're s**t out of luck...".  I hope this
new avenue bears more fruit.

Thanks again in advance,

Oz

Where to get latest version of XFree86 (needed for ATI Xpression)

Post by Richard W. Ko » Sun, 14 Jan 1996 04:00:00

ftp.xfree86.org

arrrgghh. The ATI graphics Xpression!

3.1.2A works fine. 3.1.2B undoes what 3.1.2A fixes. I'm currently
'speaking' with an XFree programmer about this. It appears the RAMDAC
which was recognized by A doesn't work in B. Now I can't start X
at all. I just wish that these betas (esp. A) never expired.

: I have one of those wonderful ATI Xpression cards that is causing everyone
: so much trouble, and I would like to get the newest version of XFree
: (3.1.2B?) to see if it can solve my problems.  Anyone with a pointer to the
: FTP site, or help with getting my Xpression to work would be a godsend.

: I posted previously about this and recieved many informative ad interesting
: replies.  I appreciate that.  Unfortunately, most of them were somethiong
: along the lines of "Sorry, but you're s**t out of luck...".  I hope this
: new avenue bears more fruit.

: Thanks again in advance,

: Oz

Where to get latest version of XFree86 (needed for ATI Xpression)

Post by Dudley Atkins » Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

Try www.xfree86.org

Post by Derek Mark-Anthony Lee- » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>>I have one of those wonderful ATI Xpression cards that is causing everyone
>>so much trouble, and I would like to get the newest version of XFree
>>(3.1.2B?) to see if it can solve my problems.  Anyone with a pointer to the
>>FTP site, or help with getting my Xpression to work would be a godsend.
>Try www.xfree86.org

Are there any other sites I could try?  For some reason, I can't seem
to be able to connect to www.xfree86.com

Post by Harald Koen » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> >Try www.xfree86.org
> Are there any other sites I could try?  For some reason, I can't seem
> to be able to connect to www.xfree86.com

mirrors are mentioned in the XFree86 README file!

Harald
--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\

1. Q: How do I get from the latest stable kernel version to the latest prepatch version ?

Thanks.
It just struck me odd that the latest is 2.4.2 while the prepatches were
2.4.3 so I figured there must be something I missed in between (my logic
told me that a 2.4.3 patch would be against a 2.4.3 something ;-).

BTW, I haven't seen any announcements from Linus in this mailing list
regarding new versions, just the updates on the web site and Alan's release
notes saying he's merging with 2.4.3xx. Are those announcements being posted
somewhere else now ?

2. renaming a machine.

3. XFree86 and the ATI 3D Xpression card

4. Console fonts

5. XFree86 and ATI Xpression+

6. gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr

7. Problem using ATI Graphics Xpression (ISA version)

8. interactiveness of ksh

9. ATI 3D Xpression board with XFree86???

10. XFree86 and ATI Graphics Xpression woes...

11. ATI Graphics Xpression Mach64 PCI: Has anybody gotten this to work?

12. blank screen on ATI Xpression+ tv2pc, Xfree86 3.3

13. XFree86 with ATI Xpression