Problems with Cirrus CL-GD7548

Post by James Amundso » Wed, 06 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I give up, I have been fighting with XFree86 for 5 days and I havent been
> able to make it run properly.

Have you checked out
      http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html
?

The configuration files there should help.

--Jim Amundson

Post by Wally Barn » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: > I give up, I have been fighting with XFree86 for 5 days and I havent been
: > able to make it run properly.
: >

: Have you checked out
:       http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/xfree86_cirrus.html
: ?

: The configuration files there should help.

: --Jim Amundson

1. XFree 4, Sharp 9070, Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 chipset

I'm posting this so that hopefully someone finds it useful.  I have an
old Sharp 9070 notebook with the Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 video chipset.
 I've found lots of information about problems with the video chipset,
but few people talking about solutions on how to get it to work.

xf86config failed to produce a working xf86config file.  I had been
running Redhat 6.2 earlier with a working xfree (3.x) and noticed that
I had configured it to use the "clgd5436" and I tried to do the same
and that failed.

Finally, I configured it as a clgd5436 but set the driver to "vesa"
instead of "vga".

2. Parsing a list of directories.

3. Can't get Cirrus CL-GD7548 working...

4. SCO boot disk??

5. 16bpp bugfix for CL-GD7548 Cirrus frame buffer

6. single user mode in LILO?

7. Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548

8. HELP!!! SIMM J0302 on SPARCstation 20

9. AST A series and Cirrus CL-GD7548

10. X and CL-GD7548

11. Support for CL-GD7548?

12. X config for CL-GD7548 video card