Run an App Full Screen in X

Post by Erica Vogl » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to run an appication full screen on X startup after I login.
Is there a paramater, such as -fullscreen that would do it (similiar to
the -geometry setting)?

If not, what are the -geometry settings for a full screen app at
800x600?  I've tried quite a few settings but I cannot get it right.

Thanks,

--Brian

Run an App Full Screen in X

Post by Howard Man » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm trying to run an appication full screen on X startup after I login.
> Is there a paramater, such as -fullscreen that would do it (similiar to
> the -geometry setting)?

> If not, what are the -geometry settings for a full screen app at
> 800x600?  I've tried quite a few settings but I cannot get it right.

> Thanks,

> --Brian

Specify the window's geometry in ~/.Xdefaults.

 Here is a great way to ensure that any particular program's window opens with the same geometry setting every time you invoke the program:

 a. Manually size and locate the window on your desktop according to your preference.

 b. Type "xwininfo " at the command line of a terminal window. The utility prints this message:

 xwininfo: Please select the window about which you would like information by clicking the mouse in that window.

 c. Copy the last line (geometry) that is printed in the terminal window, and put that in your .Xdefaults file.

( From:  http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/dotfiles.html)

Cheers,

--
Howard Mann
http://www.newbielinux.com

1. need full screen app run as cronjob

Hi there,
I need to run a full-screen app as cron job. normally it's an
interactive program, but the backup can be automated by a
recorded-macro. Could be automated . . if I could manage to start the
program as cronjob.
I tried to invoke an aixterm with the "-e" option. The answer was "no
terminal attached to the process".
Is there a way to invoke the program with a pseudo-terminal
(hft-like).
I'm not interested in the terminal-output, just to make the program
happy.
By the way: it's NAVISION 3.52 on AIX 4.3 I'm talking about.

thanx in advance.

2. What tools are there for syslog analysis?

3. How can I run a full screen app instead of the desktop?

4. GCC -- Mixing static and dynamic libraries???

5. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

6. IPTables Help

7. PROBLEM: Oopses in the 2.5.31 kernel

8. Full screen apps

9. Lauching apps at full screen in fvwm2 ?

10. MPlayer runs slow on full screen

11. Running Win4Lin full-screen in Gnome

12. Screen too small to run apps